function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Janusz Gorycki 7Janusz Gorycki 7 

Problem reading activities using REST API

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve Task and Event objects using listview filters retrieved from REST endpoint /services/data/v37.0/sobjects/Task/listviews​
This works for most filters. However, if I encounter filter like "Todays Tasks", where the query contains the IsTask clause, I am getting this error:
FROM Task USING SCOPE mine WHERE IsTask = true AND IsClosed = false ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:110 No such column 'IsTask' on entity 'Task'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
The endpoint I am using for this is /services/data/v37.0/sobjects/Task/listviews/<filterId>/results
Now, I suspect that IsTask is a filed in Activity, which is a parent of Task and somehow the REST endpoint is incorrectly running the SOQL query when I invoke it. I am however unable to retrieve the actual SOQL that the filter is trying to perform, as running the "describe" REST endpoint (/services/data/v37.0/sobjects/Task/listviews/<filterId>/describe) results in this error:
sObject type 'Activity' is not supported in describeSoqlListViews.
Does anybody know how to retrieve the list of activities using REST properly? Is there some endpoint that does the kosher thing?

Janusz
Ryan RinaldiRyan Rinaldi
Did you ever find a solution to this?
Janusz Gorycki 7Janusz Gorycki 7
nope