function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC developer999SFDC developer999 

how to setup Eclipse forceIDE without security token

Hi All,
  my org does not have Reset My Security Token in My Settings, I need to setup a project in ForceIDE to connect to Salesforce sandbox and Production environment to do deploy. But Eclipse requires Security Token to finish the setup.
Please help. Thanks
Best Answer chosen by SFDC developer999
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
You can setup the IP range in your sandbox in that case Security token will not required other wise Security token is required always.
1) http://amitsalesforce.blogspot.com/2014/12/how-to-disable-reset-my-security-token.html

All Answers

SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
Security token is not required field in Eclipse. If your org is setup like that you don't need a security token then you can access Salesforce without the token.
Thanks, how is user name is entered if I chose sandbox? I copy exact user name from salesforce email, it give me error: cannot connect to
"test.salesforce.com
It will be your production username.sandbox name. For example, if your production user name is sfdc.developer@test.com and you have a sandbox named UAT then you can use sfdc.developer@test.com.uat
I would suggest to login to the sandbox and check the username directly.
my user name already had sandbox name attached at the end, in that case, how do I connect to sanbox from forceIDE:

user name: same displays in my user name
pwd: i use same pwd to login to web
Security token : blank
environment: I always get error: Can not connect to test.salesforce.com ==> where is this url setup? , I chose Other option and entered the url I
used to login to web.
You can setup the IP range in your sandbox in that case Security token will not required other wise Security token is required always.
1) http://amitsalesforce.blogspot.com/2014/12/how-to-disable-reset-my-security-token.html

This was selected as the best answer
If my sand box has a domain name, how can I find IP address for it? I try the command "ping domain_name" but get error
"ping request could not find host..."
For IP range :-

Step 1 :  Setup -> Manage Users -> Profiles -> Login Ip Ranges
Step 2 : Enter the Start IP, End IP Address and save it
I fixed my ping cmd and found ip address of domain name of sand box, I added ip address in Network Access and I could connect from Force IDE now. Thank you All