function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shashi kanaparthishashi kanaparthi 

Time dependent workflow firing always

Hi,

I have time dependent workflow on the opportunity which should send an email 30 days before the opportunity close date. But the email alert is being sent when ever an opportunity is created with a close date of next week. Let me  know what the issue could be. Below are screenshots of the time dependent workflow:-

I am using the below trigger condition, 

30 Days before opportunity close date.

Let me know what the issue could be.
Best Answer chosen by shashi kanaparthi
Prateek Singh SengarPrateek Singh Sengar
Hi Shashi,
I cant see any screenshot. Can you upload and try again. However from your description it looks like you want to send email 30 days before opp close date. However if a opp has a close date of next week its still triggering the email. You want to avoid these emails. 
If my understanding is correct then in the workflow Rule Crietria the rule should be
Opportunity Close Date > Today() + 30
In your time based action
Set an email alert for 30 days before opp close date.

All Answers

Prateek Singh SengarPrateek Singh Sengar
Hi Shashi,
I cant see any screenshot. Can you upload and try again. However from your description it looks like you want to send email 30 days before opp close date. However if a opp has a close date of next week its still triggering the email. You want to avoid these emails. 
If my understanding is correct then in the workflow Rule Crietria the rule should be
Opportunity Close Date > Today() + 30
In your time based action
Set an email alert for 30 days before opp close date.
This was selected as the best answer
shashi kanaparthishashi kanaparthi
Thanks Prateek, that fixed the issue.