function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David MeatsDavid Meats 

Trailhead : Introduction to Numbers, Currency, and Percentages in Formulas - Weird error??

Hello all . I am new to this and finished the first formula module:
User-added image
So now when I check the challenge for the second unit in the formulas module I receive the following error which corresponds to the preveious module that I just finished:

"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Hey McFly, unless you are planning to go back in time, please update your close date' at the top of the page when triggered: []​"

User-added image

I did complete this challenge which I think is correct based on my formula which I provided:

3.14159 * ( radius__c  *  radius__c )   * height__c

User-added image

Can someone please help me out as I am confused to why I am receiving this error which has nothing to do with this challenge.

Thankyou in advanced
David Meats
Best Answer chosen by David Meats
JyothsnaJyothsna (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Please try to deactivate/delete the validation rule "Close_Date_Alert" associated with the opportunity object. Please check is there any trigger or workflow rules activated on Opportunity account, deactivate all.

Hope this helps you!
Best Regards,
Jyothsna

All Answers

JyothsnaJyothsna (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Please try to deactivate/delete the validation rule "Close_Date_Alert" associated with the opportunity object. Please check is there any trigger or workflow rules activated on Opportunity account, deactivate all.

Hope this helps you!
Best Regards,
Jyothsna
This was selected as the best answer
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
It look like you created the some validation rule on opportunity object by trigger or Validation rule. Please deactivate that and try again.

Let us know if that will help you
David MeatsDavid Meats
Deactivated the alert and it worked just fine.  Received the 500 points for the challenge.
Thanks