function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rick_93Rick_93 

Navigation on enhancedList

Hi all,
I'm having a problem using the enhancedList.

I'm using this enhancedList:
<apex:enhancedList type="Account" height="600" rowsPerPage="25" customizable="false" id="AccountList" />
but the Last Page button is always disabled

User-added image

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Rick_93
Martijn SchwarzerMartijn Schwarzer
Hi Rick,

That's because your list view has more than 2000 records. Please also see the following section from Salesforce Help:

List Views are designed for a snapshot view of current and important records which can be scanned and actioned by the user. From a usability perspective, our product managers have determined that the maximum number of records that should be handled in a single List View is 2000. Anything over that should be handled in a report.

It looks like enhancedList can paginate more than 2000 records, but they stop counting the number of pages after 2000 records. That's why you cannot go to the last page using the pagination button.

My suggestion is to bring the number of records in the list view down to 2000. Then it should work fine. 

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Martijn Schwärzer

All Answers

Martijn SchwarzerMartijn Schwarzer
Hi Rick,

That's because your list view has more than 2000 records. Please also see the following section from Salesforce Help:

List Views are designed for a snapshot view of current and important records which can be scanned and actioned by the user. From a usability perspective, our product managers have determined that the maximum number of records that should be handled in a single List View is 2000. Anything over that should be handled in a report.

It looks like enhancedList can paginate more than 2000 records, but they stop counting the number of pages after 2000 records. That's why you cannot go to the last page using the pagination button.

My suggestion is to bring the number of records in the list view down to 2000. Then it should work fine. 

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Martijn Schwärzer
This was selected as the best answer
Rick_93Rick_93
Thanks a lot Martijn.