function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nagarjuna Reddy NandireddyNagarjuna Reddy Nandireddy 

HOW TO STORE THE DATA OF LEAD IN WEB TO LEAD??

Hi all
i am trying to store the data by using "wed to lead"

From Setup, enter Web-to-Lead in the Quick Find box, then select Web-to-Lead.
Click Edit to enable or change Web-to-Lead settings.
If you want automate email replies to prospects, select a default response template. If you set up response rules to use different email templates based on the information prospects provide, the default response template is used when no auto-response rules apply. Templates must be marked Available for Use.
Save your changes.
To create a form that captures prospect details on your website, click Create Web-to-Lead Form, and then select fields you want to include
Select fields to include on your Web-to-Lead form. Use the Add and Remove arrows to move fields between the Available Fields list and the Selected Fields list, and use the Up and Down arrows to change the order of the fields on your form.
Select the Campaign field.
For organizations using multiple currencies, add the Lead Currency field if you add currency amount fields, otherwise all amounts will be captured in your corporate currency.
Use a custom multi-select picklist to allow potential customers to express interest in several products.
For organizations using lead record types, select the Lead Record Type field if you want users to select a record type for Web-generated leads.
If your organization uses the Translation Workbench or has renamed tabs, select the language for the form labels displayed on your Web-to-Lead form. The source of your Web-to-Lead form is always in your personal language.
Specify the complete URL to which users should be directed after they submit their information—for example, your company's home page for a thank you page—and click Generate.
Copy the generated HTML code and provide it to your company's webmaster to incorporate into your website.
Click Finished.

I SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED ALL THE FORMALITYS LIKE ABOVE
After that lead was not saving into lead object
than what can i do for this will you please give me a suggestion

thank you...
                                                                                                               NAGARJUNA REDDY NANDIREDDY
BALAJI CHBALAJI CH

Hi Nagarjuna,

The last line - Copy the generated HTML code and provide it to your company's webmaster to incorporate into your website.
This means, if you have a website in which you can embed the generated code so that Leads can be inserted from that website.

Else, you can simply paste the genetaetd HTML COde in a Notepad and Save with ".html" (Examle: Test.html) so that a sample Webpage is created. You can open the created webpage and Insert the required values and click on submit which created a Lead in your Org.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
BALAJI

hi balaji
i completed that also but it was not creating
Dutta SouravDutta Sourav
Is your webpage ready? Can you share your code?
<!--  ----------------------------------------------------------------------  -->
<!--  NOTE: Please add the following <META> element to your page <HEAD>.      -->
<!--  If necessary, please modify the charset parameter to specify the        -->
<!--  character set of your HTML page.                                        -->
<!--  ----------------------------------------------------------------------  -->

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

<!--  NOTE: Please add the following <FORM> element to your page.             -->

<form action="https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST">

<input type=hidden name="oid" value="00D28000001R77x">
<input type=hidden name="retURL" value="http://www.google.com">

<!--  NOTE: These fields are optional debugging elements. Please uncomment    -->
<!--  these lines if you wish to test in debug mode.                          -->
<!--  <input type="hidden" name="debug" value=1>                              -->
<!--  <input type="hidden" name="debugEmail" value="nag040494@gmail.com">     -->

<label for="first_name">First Name</label><input  id="first_name" maxlength="40" name="first_name" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="last_name">Last Name</label><input  id="last_name" maxlength="80" name="last_name" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="email">Email</label><input  id="email" maxlength="80" name="email" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="company">Company</label><input  id="company" maxlength="40" name="company" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="city">City</label><input  id="city" maxlength="40" name="city" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="state">State/Province</label><input  id="state" maxlength="20" name="state" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<input type="submit" name="submit">

</form>

this is my web page code
Dutta SouravDutta Sourav
Go to Set Up> Company Profile> Company Information
Check the Salesforce.com Organization ID.
It should match with this ==> 
<input type=hidden name="oid" value="00D28000001R77x">
this all are same like said dutta sourav
till now i am not getting
Dutta SouravDutta Sourav
Great!
Now you have to create a WebPage, i.e. HTML Page with this code.
Then it will definitely work.
BALAJI CHBALAJI CH
Then it should work, Nagarjuna.
Are you giving the appropriate data in the web page ? That means, if you dont give appropriate Email format in Email field or using alphabets in phone fileld might be the reason for not creating record.
If any of the above error occurs, you will get a email notification like this:
User-added image

If I give appropriate data like below, then lead will be inserted. Below is my Web-toLead web page:
User-added image
let us know if that helps you.

Best Regards,
BALAJI