function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abhishek Singh 116Abhishek Singh 116 

Does option "Re-evaluate Workflow Rules after Field Change" exist in process builder?

Hi,

In Workflow rules while updating a field we have a option to check "Re-evaluate Workflow Rules after Field Change".

I just want to know, do we have such option in Process Builder?

Thanks!!
V V Satyanarayana MaddipatiV V Satyanarayana Maddipati
Hi Abhishek,

In Process Builder, to Re-evaluate the same record check Recursion checkbox from the object selection screen as shown below. This option will reevaluate the same process multiple times for a particular record.  Maximum number of times the  process can evaluate in single transaction is 5

.If you select yes, this process can evaluate the same record up to five times in a single transaction. It might reevaluate the record because a process, workflow rule, or flow updated the record in the same transaction.  

If you select yes, this process can evaluate the same record up to five times in a single transaction. It might reevaluate the record because a process, workflow rule, or flow updated the record in the same transaction.

Abhishek Singh 116Abhishek Singh 116
Hi Maddipati,

I have checked that option in my process builder. In the process I have cerated two scheduled field update actions. So It means when record will update due to scheduled field update actions then my whole process will start again? Means it will start checking from the initial condition?

Please confirm. 

I am trying to create process builder which sends birthday e-mails automatically. I have already done that by using workflow rules but now trying to implement the same using process builder.

Thanks!!
V V Satyanarayana MaddipatiV V Satyanarayana Maddipati
If you are updating the same record, the process will fire again and it will start checking from the initial condition onwards.