function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
stevenjinstevenjin 

Salesforce to Salesforce API

Hey guys I'm looking to do an integration from one Salesforce org to another.  This integration needs to be real time.

I would need to query records from one org from the other and then update both orgs.  I looked into using hte REST API but it seems like there isn't a way to do a update on the list of records that I've queried.  There is the BATCH command but you can only string up to 25 sub calls.  It seems like to do an update on a list of records I would have to use the Bulk API, in which the real time is no longer guaranteed.

I've also looked into using the SOAP API.  However it doesn't seem like the wsdl you generate in Salesforce is made to import into another Salesforce instance. Even if I play around with it to get it to import, its a lot of code that I would need to provide coverage for when going into Production.

'Salesforce to Salesforce' is out of the question because it doesn't allow me to do what I need to do.  Am I stuck with using the Bulk API here?
stevenjinstevenjin
Hey Amit,
Thanks for the reply but this isn't helpful.  Both articles are just how to implemenent REST.  My question is with regards to if REST and Bulk API is the best approach or if there is something I haven't considered.