function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shoba shobashoba shoba 

Can we override the detail page using visualforce page

Hi
The requirement is, When the user tries to update the address field in detail page using inline editing. When he click SAVE button in account,at that time it should save the Account and it should show an pop up window (In that i want to display related contact Name,Address field and checkbox as well as update button).

Can anyone help me out to solve this issue or sample code related to this scenario.

Thanks In Advance

Rohit K SethiRohit K Sethi
hi shoba,

Yes we can override the detail page. By override the standard view button .

Thanks.
Pankaj_GanwaniPankaj_Ganwani
Hi Shoba,

Yes, you can override the detail page. Please refer the below mentioned link for more info:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_quick_start_tabs.htm

Thanks, 
Pankaj
shoba shobashoba shoba

Hi

Thank for you replies.  Actually i have a doubt I want to show the popup window , if i update the account address feld when i click the save button. Can anyone give me an idea to solve this please

Hi Shoba,

If your intention is to just show the error message to the user on updation of the address field, then you can go with the validation rule instead of overriding the whole page. Just use Ischanged() method in validation rule to check for updation of field. Please let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks,
Pankaj
shoba shobashoba shoba
Thanks for your reply.  My requirement is if the account address field is updated and when the user click the save button in an account,at that time i want to show a pop up window(In this i will display the related contact records and custom Update button ).

Thanks
Shobana
In this case, you will also have to override the Standard Edit button for Account.
shoba shobashoba shoba

Hi Pankaj

Yes i want to override the edit button also. But my doubt is how can i show the popup window, only when the account addres is updated. Can you please give me some suggession how can i approach this task.

Thanks

Shobana