function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gary Payne 9Gary Payne 9 

Why can't Setup be My Default Landing Page?

My user profile has the "Make Setup My Default Landing Page" checkmarked, but after login the setup sidebar is not visible.  I must click on "Setup" to see the setup sidebar.  How do I fix this?  Note I am the system administrator.
Mr Michael AllenMr Michael Allen
Hi Gary,

Are you using the Developers Edition or are you the system administrator for an organization with a different version of salesforce?

I am using the Developers Edition, I also have "Make Setup My Default Landing Page" checked and I am able login straight to setup page and see the sidebar without having to click the Setup button. It works for me in both Classic and Lightning versions.

Some thoughts:
  1. Manage Users > Profiles > System Administrator > then scroll to Administrative Permissions section and ensure you have appropriate boxes checked, especially "View Setup and Configuration".
  2. Ensure that Permission Set or Role are not limiting your visibility.
  3. Ensure Page Layouts are not 
Let me know if that helps.

Best regards,

Michael
Gary Payne 9Gary Payne 9
Hi Michael, Thank you for your reply to my question. I am the new certified Salesforce Administrator on an unlimited edition of SF. I do have the “View setup and configuration” permission in my System Administrator Profile and my Role allows me access to all data in SF. We use single sign on in our organization, so maybe it is bypassing my Profile setting to open SF on the setup landing page. Any other ideas on how I can fix this? Regards, Gary Payne Salesforce Administrator ABILITY® One Metro Center
4010 Boy Scout Blvd. Suite 900
Tampa, FL 33607 P 813.580.5603 | C 714.474.5915 abilitynetwork.com