function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joseph BundaJoseph Bunda 

SSO Solution for Communities and Kentico CMS?

HI all,

I'm tasked with creating an SSO solution. The client has a prior-existing Kentico CMS website, and we're building a Salesforce Community for them. They wish for users to be SSO'd in both places.

Our idea is to use their current Salesforce org as the identity provider and Kentico as the service provider. If the user tries to access a secure area in Kentico, they should get redirected to the community site login. After successful login, they should get redirected back to their originally-requested resource.

How well does this use case map to the built-in functionality in Salesforce? I've been playing around with the SSO settings in both Salesforce and Kentico, but I cannot acheive the desired result.

My thoughts are that I need to code an authentication redirect in Kentico that delivers the user to the community login page.

Any thoughts?
MeikoMeiko
I am interested in the reverse...user signs into Kentico website and can seemlessly navigate into Salesforce Community. From the Kentico side, I will know all of the users Salesforce information in order to facilitate a login, just unsure of how to go about it. Thoughts?
Ashish Malik 20Ashish Malik 20
Hi Joseph...were you able to achieve the single sign on between Kentico and Salesforce? We have been able to make the single sign on to work however, the users are not getting redirected to the originally requested URL. We get an error: No ReturnURL query string found in request URL post login. Any pointers?