function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mark GuildayMark Guilday 

Need a Line Break in my Flow when ADDING variables, not Concatenate

This forum is my last resort before reaching out to our Dev partner, hoping someone can help me figure this out as SFDC support has been a nightmare so far.

What I have:
Right now I have a Flow built that works off of checkboxes on the opportunity and also fields in a custom setting. What it does is say there are 5 checkboxes that relate to legal language. The rep checks off which lines of language they need inserted in the contract and when they click save it takes the 1-5 lines they selected and add it to one text area field called "special Notes". To get thos to work I built a flow that uses the ADD function in an assignment element (Not Equals). It works great except it takes all the spaces out and shows as one chunk of text. I'd love for it to add each line on it's own line. NOTE: I can't use concatenate or Equals because it can be any combination of language so it might be one line on this contract and 3 on the next and 4 on the next and so on.

What I tried already:
I tried adding every line break code I could come across, HTML and formulas code ( BR() ) without any success. I also read a post on this forum about how to use a text template but that only works for concatenate scenarios. I also tried to add a blank variable with just a space in it and that didn't work either, it removed the space.

I think the issue is the custom setting as I don't think that respects formula codes or HTML, but the SFDC rep said that flows do support HTML.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm down to try things out too, don't hesitate to throw out any unproven ideas.

Thanks for your thought and future responses
Best Answer chosen by Mark Guilday
Tyler SwinyardTyler Swinyard
Hi Mark, 

This method worked for me. 

http://www.jdope.com/blog/newline-carriage-return-in-flow/#comment-1349

Thanks

All Answers

Tyler SwinyardTyler Swinyard
Hi Mark, 

This method worked for me. 

http://www.jdope.com/blog/newline-carriage-return-in-flow/#comment-1349

Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
Mark GuildayMark Guilday
This looks to be just the thing I need. The amount of lines I have is variable so that might be a bit tricky but maybe if I build it out for every combination and then all the - will be removed it won't be an issue. Although I can see it leaving huge blocks of space if the first option and last option is selected so in that case it may not be the best... but this is hugely promising! 

Thanks for replying to such an old post which is still a need of mine, I just brushed it under the rug for another day.
Mee SharmaMee Sharma
I have a flow that populates the content of a ContentNote record. i use a formula that combines values from various variables in the flow and concatenate it.This concatenated text is displayed in the body of the contentNote record.
I am facing issues in adding linebreaks between the two concatenated formulas.I have tried everything BR(),
, /n,/r,
,Substitute((text),"~","").Nothing seems to work.Plz help!

User-added imageUser-added image