function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nilesh AwastheyNilesh Awasthey 

Generating WSDL through Developer account

I registered for a developer account today, was exploring the option to generate WSDL file which I could use for th SOAP interface to access/query the custom & standard objects. I googled about generating WSDL and many guys have mentioned of having enterprise or partner account. Does that mean, i cannot generate a WSDL using my developer account? Or do i need to create a developer account through some Salesforce partner. Kindly please guide me on this. 
Best Answer chosen by Nilesh Awasthey
Naresh YadavNaresh Yadav
Hi Nilesh 

Please follow the below steps.

To generate the metadata and enterprise WSDL files for your organization:
  • Log in to your Salesforce account. You must log in as an administrator or as a user who has the “Modify All Data” permission.
  • From Setup, enter API in the Quick Find box, then select API.
  • Click Generate Metadata WSDL and save the XML WSDL file to your file system.
  • Click Generate Enterprise WSDL and save the XML WSDL file to your file system.
Mark it as solution if it helps you out.
Thanks
Naresh

All Answers

Naresh YadavNaresh Yadav
Hi Nilesh 

Please follow the below steps.

To generate the metadata and enterprise WSDL files for your organization:
  • Log in to your Salesforce account. You must log in as an administrator or as a user who has the “Modify All Data” permission.
  • From Setup, enter API in the Quick Find box, then select API.
  • Click Generate Metadata WSDL and save the XML WSDL file to your file system.
  • Click Generate Enterprise WSDL and save the XML WSDL file to your file system.
Mark it as solution if it helps you out.
Thanks
Naresh
This was selected as the best answer
IshwarIshwar
Hi Nilesh,

You can download WSDL from your developer developer account. You have to login as System Admin and should have "modify all data" on your user record.
From Setup, enter API in the Quick Find box, then select API. You can select the desired WSDL you want to download.
Some info on WSDLs: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000004760&language=en_US