function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Linda TwiggLinda Twigg 

Following & Posting Dashboard components (Sharing & Notifications challenge can't be completed)

I have enabled Chatter in Chatter settings. I have enabled everything to do with Chatter in my profile - System administrator, and removed myself from all permission sets (just in case). I don't know where else to do/enable but when I hover over a dashboard component, all I see is "Click to go to full report" - no menu icon appears so I can select post options, there's no option to "follow"!
Just to say that I can access my Chatter feed and I can follow records etc - I just cannot post or follow dashboard components?!
Best Answer chosen by Linda Twigg
Siddharth ManiSiddharth Mani
"Follow" is the "+" sign which you see in the Action column when you are viewing the dashboard list. Or it will also be available once you open the dashboard - top right portion where the Chatter feed is normally visible. 
You also need to enable "Feed Tracking" for the Object you are using (Setup -> Chatter -> Feed Tracking). In the left side you will have the Object and on the right you will be able to see the fields for which you will be able to enable/disable feed tracking

All Answers

Siddharth ManiSiddharth Mani
"Follow" is the "+" sign which you see in the Action column when you are viewing the dashboard list. Or it will also be available once you open the dashboard - top right portion where the Chatter feed is normally visible. 
You also need to enable "Feed Tracking" for the Object you are using (Setup -> Chatter -> Feed Tracking). In the left side you will have the Object and on the right you will be able to see the fields for which you will be able to enable/disable feed tracking
This was selected as the best answer
Linda TwiggLinda Twigg
That did it! Thank you! I hadn't enabled feed tracking for dashboards.