function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kapil BajajKapil Bajaj 

error in data import wizard

HI,
I'm learning Salesforce using FOrce.com Fundamentals Book. I've to use Data Import Wizard to import Records from csv files. My queries -
1. I'm unable to import Hiring Managers (User field) for Positions object though the user record in the csv file exists in the Positions records.
2. I'm unable to import Job Applications using External Id - Email for Candidates. Error that I get for all records is - 
"Id","Success","Created","Error"

"","false","false","INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: george@schnell.com not found for field First_Name__c in entity Candidate__c:--"

Please guide me.
Thank you in advance,
Kapil.
Ricardo_DiasRicardo_Dias

Hello Kapil Bajaj,

The mapping of the importation is not correct. The field First_Name__c is lookup field (I imagine) to User Object and it(Data Import Wizard) just accept "Salesforc User Id" or External ID Field, and the Standard Field Email(User) is not.

To do this relation (Email of the CSV - and - User Email) you need to use https://dataloader.io or the traditional DataLoader.

Let me know if this answer helped you.

best regards

Manoj Goswami 5Manoj Goswami 5
For uploading the data you need to define email id in candidate object as unique.
Then you will get an option Email(External ID) in data import wizard. Rest process is same as the book.

Step 1) Setup>Find>Object>Candidate>Email>Edit>Do not allow duplicate values
Step 2) Setup>Data Import Wizard>Custom Objects>Job Applications>Add new records>Candidate Field>Email(External ID)>Position Field>Position Name>Next>Map Postion object with Position and Cadidate with Candidate>Next and VIOLA.