function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Allyson_UrbanAllyson_Urban 

How can you "relate a contact to multiple accounts" when that option is not available to you under Account Settings?

I'm trying to  complete the following in my Salesforce Developer Edition:
Set Up Contacts to Multiple Accounts
Setup is quick and easy. Just follow these steps.
From Setup, enter Account Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Account Settings.
Select Allow users to relate a contact to multiple accounts.
Add the Related Contacts related list to the account page layouts your reps use.
From Setup, enter Accounts in the Quick Find box, then select Page Layouts.
Next to the appropriate page layout, click Edit.
Select Related Lists.
Drag Related Contacts onto the page layout. Because the Related Contacts related list automatically includes all direct contacts, you can remove the Contacts related list on your account page layouts.

There is no option under Account Settings to "relate a contact to multiple accounts".  Also Related Contacts is not an option for me under page layout.  Only "Related Content".  Am I just not able to complete these functions with my edition?  Please help so I can complete this module and figure this out!  Thanks!

Laura Grady 6Laura Grady 6
I have exactly the same problem.  Contacts to Multiple Accounts is not a listed option.
Jerome RussJerome Russ
My Dev Sandbox is still on Spring 16. This is a Summer 16 feature: https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer16/release-notes/rn_sales_shared_contacts_enable.htm
If that is the case, at least you only have one more week!
Alper Tunga GülbaharAlper Tunga Gülbahar
As Jerome told, depending on your instance location the upgrade will be done last and this weekend. The problem should be solved on monday.
Allyson UrbanAllyson Urban
Wonderful to hear!  Thanks so much for the tip!