function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vipin K 10Vipin K 10 

How to Create community user plus user

Hi All,

I am new to salesforce. I have an salesforce user access as system administrator and we have some communities in our org. I want to login to this community as community plus user not as salesforce user. How do i go head and add community user to my profile and login. Will there be a seperate login for Salesforce user and another one for community user. Kindly help.

Thanks!!
Best Answer chosen by Vipin K 10
BALAJI CHBALAJI CH
Hi Vipin,

Please follow below steps to Create a Community Plus User:
  1. Create a contact. Click New Contact from the Contacts related list. Fill in the appropriate details and make sure it has a lookup to an Account for sure. Click Save.
  2.  The account that the new contact is associated with must have an account owner that is assigned a role. (It means that the Account to which the Contact has a lookup should have an Owner whose Role should be defined).
  3. On the contact detail page, click Manage External User, then Enable Partner User or Customer User.
  4. Select the Partner Community user / Customer Community user license.
  5. Select the appropriate profile. Remember that profiles give users access to tabs in your community, so be sure that you choose a profile that has the appropriate tabs exposed. Provide all required details.
  6. Deselect Generate new password and notify user immediately so that users don’t receive a password before the community is activated.
  7. Click Save.
  8. When you activate the community, the user receives a welcome email with the login information, as long as the Send welcome email option is selected for the community.
  9. You ca login as Community User using the link sent to the given Email id.
Please find below link for more information:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=networks_create_external_users.htm

Let us know if that helps you.

Best Regards,
BALAJI

All Answers

BALAJI CHBALAJI CH
Hi Vipin,

Please follow below steps to Create a Community Plus User:
  1. Create a contact. Click New Contact from the Contacts related list. Fill in the appropriate details and make sure it has a lookup to an Account for sure. Click Save.
  2.  The account that the new contact is associated with must have an account owner that is assigned a role. (It means that the Account to which the Contact has a lookup should have an Owner whose Role should be defined).
  3. On the contact detail page, click Manage External User, then Enable Partner User or Customer User.
  4. Select the Partner Community user / Customer Community user license.
  5. Select the appropriate profile. Remember that profiles give users access to tabs in your community, so be sure that you choose a profile that has the appropriate tabs exposed. Provide all required details.
  6. Deselect Generate new password and notify user immediately so that users don’t receive a password before the community is activated.
  7. Click Save.
  8. When you activate the community, the user receives a welcome email with the login information, as long as the Send welcome email option is selected for the community.
  9. You ca login as Community User using the link sent to the given Email id.
Please find below link for more information:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=networks_create_external_users.htm

Let us know if that helps you.

Best Regards,
BALAJI
This was selected as the best answer
Amit VaidyaAmit Vaidya
Hi Vipin,

If you have community enabled, please create an Account record and Conact record associated with the Account. On Account, you will be able to see 'Manage External Account' button, go an enable as Partner and if you wanted to login as an Customer, go to contact record, see 'Manage External User' button and enable Customer User. Once you will do this, you should receive an email with an login url to login on externally and not through the salesforce user.

Thanks,
Amit
Maharajan CMaharajan C
Hi Vipin,

First Create a contact record for the Community user in Contact object.
Go to the Contact->Select that contact record->In that detail you have a Manage External User Button -> Enable the Customer user.
Then give Users Records detail in the User Object (User Name) -> User License & User Profiles are Automatically selected in there->Save.
Then it will be created as a Community User.

Customize->Communities->All Communities->Manage (Select the Community where u want to add Above user)->Administration->
Members->Select the Above Profile From the Available profile to Selected Profile(ADD the Profiles from the multipicklist)->Save.

Then Copy the URL from Community in the All Communities page and paste it to browser or Incoginto window.

Wait for the some moment to open the login page-> Login with your above user.

Let me know if you want any further help...

If those points are help means mark these as a best answer...

Thanks,
Raj.
(Sweet Potato Tec)

Vipin K 10Vipin K 10
Thanks!! I created the community user login but when i login i am not able to see all the tabs and when i click on a tab it says Insufficient Previliges. 
BALAJI CHBALAJI CH
The Community User should have Permiisions to those Tabs and Objects to view them.
We cannot change the Permissions to Community Profiles, so best way is to create a Permission Set by giving permissions to required Objects or Tabs and assign that Permission set to the User.

Best Regards,
BALAJI
Vipin K 10Vipin K 10
Thanks!! for the help guys. I was able to create the community user.