function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Admin User 5098Admin User 5098 

Lookup field on contracts page - How to?

I need help with creating a field on the 'contracts' page that will lookup the 'type' of account on the accounts section; for example, need to know if a particular contract is for a vendor account or a supplier account.
Best Answer chosen by Admin User 5098
Rohit Sharma 66Rohit Sharma 66
Try following formula:
TEXT(Account.Type)  // Type will be for field name from Account

All Answers

If I understand correctly, u need to show the Account record type in the pop up window that opens when u click on Account look up from the Contracts Edit page.
To do this just go to Customize--> Account --> Search Layouts --> Click on Lookup Dialogs and move the record type field from Left section to Right section.

Let me know if this works.
Thanks for your response. I already had that setting setup as you described below. What I want is the “type” field on the contracts page pulling the “account type” from the account page. For example, if an Account is a “vendor” versus a “customer” I would like the contract page to show that the “type” of agreement is for a “vendor” or “customer” Any help is appreciated. Thanks much. Brian N. Davidson 443.286.2861 m
Just create a Formula field on the Contracts Object and add the formula "Account.RecordType.Name".
U wont be able to see this field on Contract Edit Page, but when u save the record it will show the Account record type.
Just try and let me know if it works.
I tried creating a new formula field within the contracts page and inserted “Account.Type.Name” but I’m getting a syntax error that “Field Type does not exist; check spelling.” The field that I want it to pull from on the ‘Accounts’ page is indeed titled “Type.” I must be doing something wrong….ideas? Brian N. Davidson 443.286.2861 m
When u creating a Formula field, on Enter formula section, click Advance Fromula Tab, click on insert field, On the right hand section click on Account >, Click on the field u want to show the data from. See screen shot below:User-added image

In your case select "Type" field from Account, or which ever field u want to show data from.
Thanks for your help, really! I’m getting the same error; see screen shot. Brian N. Davidson 443.286.2861 m
Can u please attach the sceenshot
Attached. Brian N. Davidson 443.286.2861 m
Where is the screen shot sir. I am not able to see that. Click on Image link and attach the screen shot.
I attched here again, and embedded below in the body of the email. The error message I’m getting is it states “Field Type is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions.” Brian N. Davidson 443.286.2861 m
Try following formula:
TEXT(Account.Type)  // Type will be for field name from Account
This was selected as the best answer
You’re the man! Thanks………..that worked!! Thank you Brian N. Davidson 443.286.2861 m
Great Brian, glad it worked for u.
Can u mark this as best aanswer.
Happy to…….Where do I do that; didn’t see option to mark it.
Select the answer that worked for you. Then
When u move ur mouse near the Like and Dislike flag u will see the oprion "Best Answer". Just click that option.
See Image below:

User-added image