function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rod VoegeleRod Voegele 

How can we add a customer's email address as a recipient in the Email Alerts under Workflow Rules?

We have an email template that we want to send out to our customer's 7 days after we complete their job. We have all of the settings in place except we can't figure out how to add the customer's email address as a receipient. Does anyone know how can I add the customer's email address? We currently set it to send to our customer service email address but we'd like to change it to our customer's email address. Please advise if anyone knows how to do this.

Email Alerts
Best Answer chosen by Rod Voegele
Dario BakDario Bak
You should add to your object a contact lookup field or an email field, then you will be able to find that field right there so you point that email/contact when you send your alert. Makes sense?

All Answers

Dario BakDario Bak
Change the recipient type, you will find related contact and email fields you can choose!

PS: is this solves your problem, please mark this answer as the right one!
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce
Hi Rod, 

You may use an "Email field" option in Recipient Type dropdown.

Thanks 
Sandeep Singhal

Rod VoegeleRod Voegele
When I select the "Email Field" option, there are no Available Recipients. 
Rod VoegeleRod Voegele
No Available Recipients
David Catindoy 101David Catindoy 101
Hi Rod Voegele, if you're using Case object in your email alert, then there are lots of standard email fields that you can use as your email alert recipient (e.g. Web Email field). But if you're using a custom object, then you need to have an extra step in order to achieve your goal (e.g. create a new email field and store your customer email address on that field then use it as your email alert recipient). Can't give specific details on how you can achieve the population of that new email field that you have created in your custom object since I'm not aware of the exact process, but I'm sure you already have an idea in mind.
Dario BakDario Bak
You should add to your object a contact lookup field or an email field, then you will be able to find that field right there so you point that email/contact when you send your alert. Makes sense?
This was selected as the best answer
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce
You need to create Email type field on your object and these field should have those customer email ids. 

Thanks
Sandeep Singhal
http://www.codespokes.com/
Rod VoegeleRod Voegele
Thank you for all your help!