function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Angela HunterAngela Hunter 

Visualforce Page Save button not working

Hi,
I created my first VF page and placed it in a VF section on the Opportunity page layout.  When I click to save, the page refreshes and shows me all of the apex source code.  I can't seem to figure out the best course of action to have the page reload with the saved values on the screen.  When I click on the save button in this VF section of the oppty, ?inline is added to the end of the URL.  If I remove that, the source code goes away and I'm returned to the original page.  What do I need to do to get this save working properly?  Would a retURL do the trick?

Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Angela Hunter
Tavva Sai KrishnaTavva Sai Krishna
Hi Angela,

I hope the issue was resolved by turnoff the check box called "developer mode" at user level. Is it right ?

if not please post the solution here and mark it as best answer so it might be helpful for others.

Thanks and Regards,
Sai Krishna Tavva.

All Answers

Abhilash Mishra 13Abhilash Mishra 13
Hi Angela,

Are you using standard controller in VF page?? If not please use standard controller.

Regards
Abhilash Mishra
Yes, I’m using the opportunity as my standard controller.
Abhilash Mishra 13Abhilash Mishra 13
can you show me a snpashot of layout?
The first one I loaded wasn't showing what's behind the collapsed areas. Here's a better image.
User-added image
Hi Angela,

Can you post the code to debug it. Also post a screenshot of the error message/Apex code displaying when click on "save" button.

Thanks and Regards,
Sai Krishna Tavva.
I've never done anything with debugging so I'm not sure what to provide on that.  Here's screen shot of what happens after I click save from within the section I created.  The URL in the top has ?inline=1 added to the end of it.
User-added image
resolved
Hi Angela,

I hope the issue was resolved by turnoff the check box called "developer mode" at user level. Is it right ?

if not please post the solution here and mark it as best answer so it might be helpful for others.

Thanks and Regards,
Sai Krishna Tavva.
This was selected as the best answer
That was right! Silly me!  Thanks!