function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Virinchi BairisettyVirinchi Bairisetty 

Field dependency on the formula field

Hello Everyone,

I have a scenario where the one of the field in contacts object is auto populated from the accounts object, Which is a formula field in contact object. Now i want to set field dependency on that formula field which i cannot do it. Is there any other way that i can achive the field dependecy on that field.

Thanks,
Virinchi.

So i have a picklist field in accounts object called Customer Type, which have the picklist values as 'Sold To' and 'Ship To', Whicch are auto populated into the Contact formula field called Customer Type. 

Now i have two other different picklist fields (Order Confirmation and COA) in contact object which i want to make them dependent to the Customer type field in contact. But i cannot make the customer type field in the contact as a dependent field as it is a formula field. I want when ship to is selected i only want to see COA and when Sold to is selected i only want to see Order confirmation.

Thanks,
Virinchi.

Rakesh51Rakesh51
@Virinchi :-

1) How about to change the Customer Type from formula to Picklist/drop-down.
2) Create a PB on Account object to sync your contacts Customer Type.
3) Then its easy to acheive your business use case.

Hi Rakesh,

Could you tell me how can this be done using process builder, which i am not familier with.

Thanks,
Virinchi.
Rakesh51Rakesh51
1) Change the field type from formual field to Picklist
2) Create a Proces on Contact object (Select nly when create option)
3) Then select update record option, Customer Type = refer Customer Type (Account object)
4) Activate it

Let me know if you have further question