function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
G10G10 

The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 301xxxxxxxxxxxx. Contact your administrator for help

Hello,

I am getting this error while saving the case record, its pretty obvious that this error is due to the process builder, but I have cross checked the condition, everything seems to be perfect,

User-added image

Process builder is updating the ralated case record, if all the emtry condition satisfy the criteria.I have also added all the null checks in process builder.
Any one please help me in identifying the issue ?

Best Answer chosen by G10
G10G10
Ahh Finally got it !!

In entire operation, process builder is trying to update the contact record, so based on some condition this related contact internally updating the Account record. Contact has custom lookup relationship with Account which has filter validation to avoid some unwanted reocords.This was causing this error.

Happy Coding :)

All Answers

Jerome RussJerome Russ
I would recommend using the debug functionality. The debug logs will show the actual error that is causing the failure. For example, when I was working on Process Builder, I would get the same generic message. When I turned on debug it showed that my issue was actually that I was firing a trigger that caused a SOQL limit error.
G10G10
Hi Jerome,

I got an email which shows the following error,

'UPDATE --- UPDATE FAILED --- ERRORS : (FIELD_FILTER_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION) : Value does not exist or does not match filter criteria'

Definitely debug logs is the key to identify the issue but in this scenario debug logs also shows the same error message.
As per my observation, this error says there is a filter validation for lookup field, so I have gone through the all the lookup fields on case object, But for my surprise there were no filter validation added in any lookup.
G10G10
Ahh Finally got it !!

In entire operation, process builder is trying to update the contact record, so based on some condition this related contact internally updating the Account record. Contact has custom lookup relationship with Account which has filter validation to avoid some unwanted reocords.This was causing this error.

Happy Coding :)
This was selected as the best answer