function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ashley MastersAshley Masters 

.NET Framework 4.5.2 or a later update is already installed on this computer.

.NET Framework 4.5.2 or a later update is already installed on this computer.

I get this message constantly when trying to install 3.1.1 of Salesforce for Outlook. 

I've removed the application and ran the pre-requisites installer again and keep on getting the same message.
Michael Adrian AlcazarMichael Adrian Alcazar
If the .Net is already showing under the control panel list. Try using the .msi installser for the Salesforce for Outlook. Should be availalbe under the button "Download Version 3.1.1" 

If the .Net is not yet on the machine , install it first and once successful you can use the step above. 

Romi MadiaRomi Madia
That option did not work for me unless I am doing something wrong.  I went under control panel and recent updates and the file is not there.  I see the error my system already has 4.5.2  I also tried the .msi application and that basically shuts itself down and says it prematurely closed and I need 3 different options of .net clear up to 4.6

Help, I am a director and my team can utilize this and I can't
Juergen MathwichJuergen Mathwich
I have the same issues - the exe installer is not able to install .net and states it is already installed. Hence the return code to the Sales Force installer is not ok and it does not continue. When trying to use the .msi installer, it states I need to install .net 4.5.2 or higher which is weird. If I download .net manually, it states it can't install because it is already installed.
William DeLeoWilliam DeLeo
same issue.  any help?

Henri TaipaleHenri Taipale
Apparently, as windows 10 already comes with .net framework 4.6 the Salesforce for Outlook installer can't identify it, and returns the error. Simply put, I believe Salesforce should patch their installer to identify version 4.6
Terri CooperTerri Cooper
We have this problem, too.
Martin DuschekMartin Duschek
Same for me. Win 10 -> .NET Framework 4.5.2 or a later update is already installed on this computer.
Rodrigo ZavaletaRodrigo Zavaleta
Getting same error as above and wont let me install the outlook plugin. This machine is a Surface Book w/ Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and .NET Framework 4.6.2. "preinstalled" so it wont let me uninstall and I rather not uninstall since it most likely will brake other things that need it. 

Seems like a big issue, is Salesforce going to fix this?

User-added image
Terri CooperTerri Cooper
Just making sure everyone found this.  https://help.salesforce.com/apex/htviewsolution?id=000240659&language=en_US.  You have to use the .msi to install it.

Rodrigo ZavaletaRodrigo Zavaleta
Reporting:
Clearly option1 is farfetch for most users, specially if its the CEO's computer like in my example.

Followed option2 and downloaded the 64-bit MSI package and addon installed with no issues. CEO is using Outlook w/ SF addon and all is working - so far.
User-added image

Thanks for the link Terri C.