function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adeline MooreAdeline Moore 

HOW CAN I MAKE A FIELD CONSTANT?

I WANT TO MAKE IT SO THAT WHEN SOMEONE SUBMITS AN ARTICLE FOR APPROVAL THEY HAVE TO MARK THE ARTICLE AS SENSITIVE.
MY APPROVAL PROCESS IS GOING TO WORK ON ALL ARTICLES MARKED AS SENSITIVE. THIS WAY ALL ARTICLES GO THROUGH THE APPROVAL PROCESS. WHEN CREATING MY CUSTOM FIELD IS THERE A WAY TO REMOVE "NONE" FROM THE LIST OR MAKE IT SELF FILL OUT TO SENSITIVE ALWAYS?
Best Answer chosen by Adeline Moore
Mike Floyd 21Mike Floyd 21
If this is a picklist field, when creating the custom field and selecting the options, you can configure it like this:

Picklist without default --None--

Hope you can see that and the image isn't too small. 

In the "Values" section, you would choose to "Enter values for the picklist ... " as opposed to "Use global picklist definition". Then you can make "SENSITIVE" the first value and set it as the default.

Hope that helps. 

All Answers

If this is a picklist field, when creating the custom field and selecting the options, you can configure it like this:

Picklist without default --None--

Hope you can see that and the image isn't too small. 

In the "Values" section, you would choose to "Enter values for the picklist ... " as opposed to "Use global picklist definition". Then you can make "SENSITIVE" the first value and set it as the default.

Hope that helps. 
This was selected as the best answer
Ok I did that for each type of Article I have. 

User-added image 
But when going to create the article the author can still select "none"

User-added image 
Is there a way to remove "none" or prevent them from using that answer?
Sorry for the delayed response. What you can do now is go to the page layout and set the field as required. Click the wrench icon next to the Blog Rating, Video Rating, etc. field and you'll get a screen like this:Required field

Once you select required, "None" will disappear as an option from the picklist. 
Thank you Mike! there was no wrench on the page layout but I was able to make a validation rule.

NOT(ISPICKVAL (Blog_rating__c, "Sensitive"))

The "None" Is still there but t wot let the draft be saved, It gives an error message saying all articles must be marked as "sensitive"
Thank you again for your assistance:)