function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shawn BoksanShawn Boksan 

Student Enrollment Application

Hello,

Currently we are using our ORG to recruit students for Universities.  We gather leads via Web Forms and post them to our ORG as "Leads". When the Leads are converted they are converthed to "Person Accounts".  I have selected this option because we do not require a Company name for the students and we use our ORG for Sales/Business Accounts as well.

I now have been tasked with collecting "Student Applications".  Idealy we would like to create an application that will post directly to our ORG.  A simple web to lead form will do what we need however, I would rather have the applacations set as their own "Object" and use the student "Lead Object" as the parent object.

My concern is duplicates.  If a lead comes in via a short form the duplicate validation rules will reject the application because it will see it as a duplicate "lead".  I am sure I can create additional duplicate validation criteria.

What is the best solution to accomplish this functionality?

Thanks,
Shawn

Hargobind_SinghHargobind_Singh
Hi Shawn, from design perspective, you might not want to put duplicate check on the records being generated by web forms, unless you want to give users an option to open their last application and modify it. Maybe let the users submit the applications but run duplicate checks offline to mark out and merge records rather than stopping them from entering records. But of course, if you don't want to let students enter a duplicate application on a fixed objective criteria, then it is a different scenario altogether. 

Jacob CooperJacob Cooper
How can we get all contacts from students' applications using Salesforce APIs? I'm also having concerns about the duplicates. What is the best way to handle them in our https://domyhomeworkonline.net/ online forms?