function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Koen (BvD)Koen (BvD) 

Lightning interface changes apex:outputlink into call to srcUp

Hi,

We have some visual force pages that have been working well in the classic version of Salesforce, but now a client would like to use them in the lightning slow interface. What seems to break functionality is that all my apex:outputlink with target=_top links are changed into javascript with a call to javascript:srcUp and as argument the link. They don't work for me:
In chrome, I am sent to another page which contains the left toolbar and the top bar (with the search) and then my visualforce page that I called, but without the actual parameters that I passed on the initial link, they somewhere get lost. So my page isn't displaying what was intended from the link.
Note that in IE11 these links do nothing, I suppose this is one telltale sign of the announced non-support of IE11
One ugly solution is to change my apex:outputlink into <a href="" > but that isn't really a clean solution is it? Also the visualforce page I land on then doesn't display the left menu bar or the top bar with the search anymore, it goes fullframe without any context.

Koen (BvD)Koen (BvD)
Still struggling with this. In fact the basic problem is that the javascript call is placed under the href attribute with javascript: and this seems not supported by all browsers and for all I can find this is not the recommended way to put javascript on a href. It should be in the onClick. So the lightning interface is only supported and tested in chrome? If this would be rendered correctly it wouldn't be an issue.