function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott_GassmannScott_Gassmann 

Reports & Dashboards - Superbadge : Contacts without Hobbies

Hi All, 

Maybe I am missing something but I am going around in cirlces with the Contacts without Hobbies report. I have: 

1. Created a custom report type to get Contacts without hobbies 
2. Created an Account Value bucket field
3. Create a % Open Opps Formula 
4. Added First Name, Last Name, Total Opp Value, Open Opp Value, Phone, Email, %Open Opps to the report 
5. Summarised by Account Value then Account 

And im still getting an error: 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The 'Contacts Without Hobbies' report is not configured correctly.

I have added screenshots of all the pieces - hoping someone else has hit this issue 

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Scott_Gassmann
Thanks Ajay and Vance! 

So I got there in the end - here are my  tips  

1. Don't use a custom report type, use Account & Contacts 
2. I didn't need to limit the data set to the records imported 
3. % of Open Opps can simply be Open  Ops / Total Ops 
4. Don't worry about "Error's" in the % of Open Opps field it will still pass if some rows display "Error" 
5. Summary report by Account Value then Account Name 
6. You should have also created two roll up fields on Account to summarise the Opp data as per the instructions 

My version that worked 

User-added image

All Answers

Ajay Anikar H RAjay Anikar H R
Hello Scott,

here are my inputs for the said points.

1. I didn't create the custom record type and used the existing Accounts and Contacts report type itself.
3. % Open Opps is %age of Open Oppty value v/s Total Oppty value - could you revisit the formula.

Hope this helps.

Vance K LopezVance K Lopez
I struggled with this. I changed a couple of things at once and didn't notice which change finally worked (because I was receiving an error the next report). So a couple of things that are different than what you have above: 
  1. Sort descending for % Open Opps (second sort criteria)
  2. Include only the accounts imported (I used custom field to track "Import Source" in the import file)
  3. Also didn't use a custom report type (but this didn't seem to matter until one of the above was changed)
  4. Finally, a stretch, but changed decimal places to 0.
Ben HeissBen Heiss
Both suggestions are helpful that you didn't create a new report type to run this report. It sounds like you created new fields on the accout object to pull in values from the opportunuity object?
Thanks Ajay and Vance! 

So I got there in the end - here are my  tips  

1. Don't use a custom report type, use Account & Contacts 
2. I didn't need to limit the data set to the records imported 
3. % of Open Opps can simply be Open  Ops / Total Ops 
4. Don't worry about "Error's" in the % of Open Opps field it will still pass if some rows display "Error" 
5. Summary report by Account Value then Account Name 
6. You should have also created two roll up fields on Account to summarise the Opp data as per the instructions 

My version that worked 

User-added image

This was selected as the best answer
Andy WuAndy Wu
Follow the insturctions and my report look same as Scott's one, but still getting the error:
The 'Contacts Without Hobbies' report is not configured correctly.

Also, recreate the one and still get error. Any one can suggest more??

Thanks,
Andy
User-added image
Gregory ProkoschGregory Prokosch
Hey Andy, the only thing I can see that isn't right with your screenshot is that High should be "1-High" and Low should be "3-Low". Everything else is exactly how I see it and I'm still getting the error as well. Please let me know when you find the answer. Thanks.
Gregory ProkoschGregory Prokosch
Hey Andy, I made multiple edits and checks, but it finally went through when I changed the Names on the Defined Ranges to "3 Low", "2 Med" and "1 High". I hope that helps. 
Andy WuAndy Wu
Hi Greg, you rock! It works after change to "3 Low", "2 Med" and "1 High";
Thanks a lot! And I may have a good sleep after fix this one! :)
karthika nairkarthika nair
Hi All,
I am stuck with the error "The 'Contacts Without Hobbies' report is not configured correctly". Please find below the report that I have created:
  • used Accounts & Contacts report type
  • % Open Opps = Account.Open_Opp_Value__c:SUM/Account.Total_Opp__c:SUM  (format - percent and decimal places - 0)
  • Summary report - first by Account Value and second by Account Name
  • cross filter applied - Contacts without contact hobbies
Any help is greatly appreciated!
User-added image
Vance K LopezVance K Lopez
Looks like you forgot the dash in ”1-High".
Hi Vance,
Tried changing to 1-High, 2-Med, 3-Low - I am still gettting the same error. 
Rakesh K KediaRakesh K Kedia
Follow the insturctions and my report also look same as Scott's/Andy reports, but still getting the error:

Also, recreate that one again and still get error. Any one can suggest more?? any help ??

Thanks,
Rakesh
User-added image
Hi Rakesh,

I don't seem to see the field required - Account Value (needs to be created on report)...would you want to re-check the requirement.
hi Rakesh,

It is 2 Med , I saw that your report says "2 Mid" instead of "2 Med" for the Account Value.
Change the value "2 Med" instead of "2 Mid" but still getting same problem.
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:

everything is same as above mentioned details.
Hi Rakesh,  Can you please try adding the values in the bucket with the dash between the number and description, have a close look at my example it is "3-Low", "2-Med", "1-High" 
Jim RaeJim Rae
I have to say, this one is infuriating.  I have recreated this report 5 different times, used the custom report type, the standard "Contacts and Accounts" report type.  Updated my buckets to include the dashes, removed the dashes, revised my formula field many times, and still get the same error: The 'Contacts Without Hobbies' report is not configured correctly.
Is there some other trick regarding the name, the developer name, the names of the custom fields on the Account? The name of the bucket or formula field?  Sort order? What the heck is the secret?  I create reports almost every day, this isn't hard, it must be the way the validator is working that is causing the problem!!
Anju Chacko QBAnju Chacko QB
Hi Jim, Changing the sort order of 'Open Opp Value' and rename the formula field on report to 'Open Opps' solved my issue.
Hi Jim, I feel your pain :)  

MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT

The below is designed to help people who are genuinely stuck on this challenge that need to cross check their work - please don't use this to cheat. 

1. Report Type (OOTB Report Type)
User-added image

2. Report Properties
User-added image

3. Report Fields & Format  (and possibly order)
User-added image

4. Report Grouping and Sorting
User-added image

5. % Open Opps Report Formula Field
User-added image

Continued on next post...

MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT

The below is designed to help people who are genuinely stuck on this challenge that need to cross check their work - please don't use this to cheat. 

6. Open Opp Value Bucket Field 

User-added image

7. Account Roll Up Field - Open Opp Value
User-added image

8. Account Roll Up Field - Total Opp Value
User-added image
Hi Scott_Gassmann,

I tried with these values 3-Low", "2-Med", "1-High" but still getting the same error.

Thank for any kind of help.

Regards,
Rakesh
Hi Rakesh, did you see my two posts above, can you tripple check each element and make sure they align. 
Jim RaeJim Rae
Thanks @Scott!  I did have everything exactly the same as your "spoiler", except my %Open Opps formula tested for 0 value in the sum fields (to prevent the #ERROR issue or Divide by zero issues.  However, I still cannot pass the challenge.
Hi Scott_Gassmann,

Please see below my org snapshot. these are exject same as your snapshot and still i am getting the same error 
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:

User-added image

User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image
continue......User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageplease tell me what is the wrong with the name
Hi Rakesh, 

Your setup (to me ) looks perfect - the one thing that is different is the API (Unique Name) of the report. The problem here is that its very difficult to validate that because you can't reuse report unique names (event after you hard delete the report). Assuming the validation bot hasn't changed and invalidated my setup this is the only thing I can think of. Problem is there is a stack of work to get back to this point :( 

@Jim - what is your report unique name? Is it possible you could be experiencing the same thing (p.s. I also had my formula checking for Errors - trying to be smart and all) 

It's worth also highlighting Annis's response above worth trying that before you go to the trouble of trying to address the report unique name - or ofcourse your could try and reach out with @trailhead on twitter to see if they can confirm that its the unique name that is causing the issue. 

**Annis's Comment**

Hi Jim, Changing the sort order of 'Open Opp Value' and rename the formula field on report to 'Open Opps' solved my issue.
Jim RaeJim Rae
@Scott, yes, I am afraid that is what it is. My unique name is Contacts_Without_Hobbies2 as I had already created another report using my custom report type. I have no idea how to fix that. I found an old post from Tom Tobin saying that if you deleted the report and emptied the recycle bin, you could reuse the report unique name, but this does not appear to the case. I will try the twitter route.
Now feeling frustrated !! tried many time but if the unique name is the issue.can't start this from scratch can anyone share there dev org credentials for this badge. any help :(
Jim RaeJim Rae
@theRealKieren, how (or where) do we DM you?
Jim RaeJim Rae
I finally did get it.  Took some effort, and confirmation from Kieren that I wasn't crazy, but, if you are VERY careful in following the directions, and use the EXACT names for all of the fields and elements, you  can do it.
Hi @Jim,
Can you provide me the steps where is the problem because i am stucking with same issue. @kieren i have DM you the credentials. Please provide help.
Thanks !!
Rakesh 
Jim RaeJim Rae
Scott's steps are correct. Removing the dashes from the bucket was the final thing for me.
Finally I did get it. I was using in formula field  '% Open Opps' instead of 'Open Opps'. Thanks @kieren this was successful because of your and @jim help.

Again a big Thanks to @Kieren because she avail Jeff Douglas, Trailhead Developer Advocate (and amazing person who creates all the challenge code) on google hangout to resolve my issue.

A Message to all friends please don't afraid with these issue because there are too many peoples here to help us. continue learning and badge earning........ :-)
Louise Summers 2Louise Summers 2
Hi,
I am having a problem with this, I have tried various ways, is there anyone that can help?
User-added image

There are no other accounts as I created a new org for this badge, 

Thank you

Jim RaeJim Rae
@Louise, you need to follow the directions exactly.  From your screenshot, I see you have an extra field (Full Name) and, the Open Opps field, I believe is supposed to be called "% Open Opps".
Hi,

I have taken the field out and also renamed the field:

User-added image

It still doesn't work? 
Jim RaeJim Rae
I would suggest "triple checking" to make sure you created everything the same way as Scott described in his step by step guide (above). If it still doesn't work, then reach out to Kieren to see if she can help.

thank you Jim, I have tripple checked and started again to see if that helped! @Kieren are you able to help me?

Thanks

Joel RamosJoel Ramos
In my case, I had two reports with the same report name (API name different). Two hours later, I modified the name of one them and got the solution. Good luck, enjoy Salesforce!
Hemant GothwalHemant Gothwal
if it helps anyone, I was spelling Medium instead of Med. As soon as I changed to Med, it worked fine.
Charmaine van der MerweCharmaine van der Merwe
I am getting duplicate records in my report (without filter). When I apply the cross filter I get no records.    I don't think that's correct.
Shannon ZdanowiczShannon Zdanowicz
I am normally not someone to give up.  This is taking way too much time.

@trailhead   Please update the the superbadge and provide clear requirement including API name requirements.   This is the only report that has been an issue on this badge.  I have reviewed every thread and cannot identify a single problem with my setup. 

Beyond frustrating.

Shannon ZdanowiczShannon Zdanowicz
THe calculations I see above should not have passed based on the wording
The % Open Opps field on the report should display the percentage of the
value of the account's open opportunities
to a combined total value of closed won and open opportunities.
If there are no open opportunities, then show 0%.

Susannah PSusannah P
The only requirement that was causing mine to fail was the actual wording in the Account Value field. I suspected that my % Open Opps field was the culprit of the failure but it turned out that I took the requirements literally and named the levels:
3 Low (<=$100,000)
2 Med (>$100,000 to <=$200,000)
1 High (>$200,000)
Once I changed to values below everything passed.
3 Low
2 Med
1 High
I do think this could be clarified in the instructions!
Ch. Szandor KnappCh. Szandor Knapp
Im giving up after 6 hours straight failing at Step 5 with the Contacts without Hobbies Report. I must be blind.

Where is my typo? (I tried % Open Opps and Open Opps, double checked bucket fields, calculated % Open Opps by Account.NumberOfOpenOpps/Account.NumberOfAllOpps). Which of the requirements did I miss? 

Report Setting
Bucket Field
Formula
result
Susannah PSusannah P
I found that my error was in the naming of the bucket field labels. The instructions there were a bit confusing I thought!
Due to this thread I am not sure about the formula any more but I understand the requirement to show % of Open Opps per Account. Also tried the solution above, dividing Sum of Amounts. Still the error. 
So I drew up the Reporting Metadata and analysed it.

Turns out, in my case it were the Account Custom Field API Fieldnames. They should be Account.Open_Opp_Value__c
When I created them in a new Org, I copied the label from the Trailhead and hit Tab as usual. But in W17 camelCase is used, so API Fieldname was set to Account.OpenOppValue__c

:(((
Hi All, 

The Trailhead team are now aware of this and are working on sorting it out! Great work Ch. Szandor Knapp! 

User-added image

theRealKierentheRealKieren
Hi @Ch. Szandor Knapp and @scott_Gassmann - I did some quick checking with a fresh Winter '17 DE, and there is no change to the auto-underscoring for new custom fields and other elements (e.g., reports and dashboards) with spaces in names. They still get underscored (e.g., "This New Field" would turn into "This_New_Field"  See my experiments below.

Note that because you can't have two elements with the same API name, we generally don't use that for testing. And we for sure don't use that in this superbadge. We use your label name and report name. So ensure you don't have more than one report with the same name (not API name) and that will help ensure we're testing the right element (e.g., report).

We know the superbadges are challenging, but they are that way by design to show true mastery of turning business requirements into a Salesforce solution. My best advice is to look really closely at the naming in the requirements. If it says the name of the field is "New Rad Field" then name it exactly that. Somtimes it's hard to see an errant extra space a missing "-" if you've been looking at it for a while. So if in doubt, start from scratch.

Hope this helps and happy trailblazing! 

New report has automatic underscoring 
New Report - has auto underscoring

Custom field on standard object has automatic underscoring
Custom field on standard object has auto-underscoring

New custom object has auto underscoring
New custom object has auto underscoring

New custom field on custom object has auto underscoring
Custom field on custom object has auto-underscoring

This may have caused some confusion, but the custom fields that come with the DE are set up with camel case, but we don't use them in any of our challenges, and it has no effect on new custom fields.
the custom fields that come with DE (e.g., that you didn't create) are in camel case.
Hey Kieren,

pls see below:

User-added image

New Custom Account Field:
User-added image

Inciently, I just started the Lightning Component Trailhead and had to create a Custom Object Camping Item. Got created as CampingItem__c by same usage of tab. 

Did additional testing. Must be browser related in my case, so for all others visiting: Just make sure API Names are as expected and avoid typos in any label/custom field. 
Venkat PolisettiVenkat Polisetti
Winter 17 Alert.

Make sure you end up with underscores rather than Camel case as it does now for custom field API names.

As of today, if you have camel case for your custom fields, it would not pass.

Force2b_MikeForce2b_Mike
I can't begin to express the amount of frustration this has caused. I've been using Salesforce for 15 years - I think I know how to create a report. It's ridiculous that we have to go through such pains to take guesses as to what part of the Trailhead spec is wrong. 

I've tried everything in this rather long post and yet still can't get it to work. I'll start again to see what I might have missed.

Kudo's to everyone who has offered their help and guidance to all of us struggling to get this to work as it should.
Force2b_MikeForce2b_Mike
Made 2 changes to get this !$#~!&* report to work:
  1. Removed the dash from the bucket values ("1 High" instead of "1-High")
  2. Removed the grouping on Account Value and placed on the report as a column after last name.
Theses came from this Success Community post: https://success.salesforce.com/0D53A00002mRV4t
Jaime GuetschowJaime Guetschow
I'm quite new to Salesforce and am having issues with adding Opportunity data into my report.  Can someone provide a little instruction on how to make sure I can gather all of the information needed for this report? Maybe I missed this instruction somewhere, but am still having issues. Any help would be great! Thanks. 
Adam Palmer 1Adam Palmer 1
The ONLY change I needed to make was to rewrite the bucket values as "1 High", "2 Med", and "3 Low". I had originally copied and pasted them into the report from the trailhead challenge including the amounts they indicate. Other than that, I followed the instructions exactly and passed this infuriating dashboard.
Carlos SiqueiraCarlos Siqueira
@theRealKieren:

Regarding the API name being unique, I am getting this message: "The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to be in the 'Executive Reports' folder." but I have 2 of them in the same folder, just different API names:

User-added image

No matter how many times I change the API to be unique, still getting the error message on the superbadge challenge.
Misik MisinkoMisik Misinko
Use this link to move forward, if you ar stuck: http://blog.skebro.net/reports-dashboards-specialist-superbadge-ch2/
Chandra Pal Singh Rathore 6Chandra Pal Singh Rathore 6
what's wrong with this contact by hobby type and tating report #report and dashboard challengeUser-added imageUser-added image
Olivia BenthamOlivia Bentham
Hello, 

I have follwed the steps in the challenge and am still experiencing issues. I deleted all the exising contact information from my existing trailhead do you think this caused the problem. The error is The 'Contacts Without Hobbies' report is not configured correctly.'

Its starting to get very fustrasting as as far as I am aware I have followed all the steps and am at a total loss any help will be greatly sppreciated 
Carlos SiqueiraCarlos Siqueira
I ended up just crrating the reporst on another DE org and passed.
Chi NKChi NK
Hi Olivia, I hope you got  this specialist.
Yesterday, I got the same error and today I passed this challenge. just want to note for someone who are doing:

1. Create 1 report type for 3 reports:
User-added image

2. Add Cross Filter: "with" for Lightning Hobbies by Contact, Contacts by Hobby,Contacts by Hobby and Rating Report.

User-added image

3. and "without" for Contacts Without Hobbies

User-added image

4. For Lighting Report, remember add Hobby Category filter and Locked by user edited:

User-added image

And now, ready to check the challenge.

Cheers!
fifedog15fifedog15
For those with a new Winter 18 org or later where you're getting stuck on step 5 giving the error: "The 'Contacts Without Hobbies' report is not configured correctly."  And you've done all the triple checking of labels and such. I did just confirm that the API names DO MATTER.  AT THIS CURRENT TIME Nov 2 2017, the API names for the two new custom fields on the account MUST be with Underscores, NOT camel case. 

Once I did that, I passed that error (on to my next error) 

CC @theRealKaren

Olivia BenthamOlivia Bentham
In the end I solved this by setting up a new trailhead account and starting from scratch, I did everything exactly as before and passed each task first time 
Thomas Debacker 1Thomas Debacker 1
Hi,
I am stuck at getting the right list. It should be easy but I can't make the "Contact without hobbies" part. I have either the information on contacts' hobbies, or informations on contacts' opportunities, but Ican't get both of them on a single report.
I must have done something wrong but I can't figure where.
Can anyone help me on this?

Thank you in advance,
Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Pls verify if you are using out of the box report type - "Account and Contacts" itself and not any custom report type.

Thank you
Hi Ajay,
Yes indeed, I chose the report type "Contacts & Accounts" within the "Accounts & Contacts" folder. I went through many different report types but nothing works for me. Maybe I did an error when I created the database.
Hi all,
anyone can help me on this?
I am still stuck on the report "Contacts without hobbies". I just crerrated my third playground from scratch and still don't see opportunities showing up in my fields list. So I can't filter with opportunities after filtering contacts without hobbies.

Contacts wothout Hobbies

Please help me!!!
Hi, I can't even access to support from Salesforce while my company is paying many hundred thousands of euros on their product. When I access the Trailblazer Community, I am automatically logged out and logging in is impossible. It's getting really frustrating !!!
Karin AthanasKarin Athanas
It'd be nice if they added a check after the reports stage. I really don't want to proceed to dashboards and not know if the reports are ok. It seems like those are a big hang up
Scott Nelson SolutionistScott Nelson Solutionist
In my case, after looking at it dozens of times, I finally found that there was a spelling error in one of  the rollup fields from a copy/paste error. Fixed that, then corrected to match in reports and worked. Would have saved hours if the error check had given some detail of what was off :(