function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bhatt bijalbhatt bijal 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:  An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records.

Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated.
Create a process to update child record when the parent is updated.
You've been given a requirement to keep Contact addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. This process:
Can have any name.
Must be activated.
Must update Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) when the parent Account shipping address field values are updated.
NOTE: You may have to deactivate the validation rule for the Contacts object (created from a previous challenge) in order to complete this challenge.
Best Answer chosen by bhatt bijal
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please check below post with screen shot. i hope that will help you
1) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000B2C0IAK
2) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000B2B7IAK
3) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BCbMIAW

User-added image

User-added image

Let us know if this will help  you

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary

All Answers

Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please check below post with screen shot. i hope that will help you
1) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000B2C0IAK
2) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000B2B7IAK
3) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BCbMIAW

User-added image

User-added image

Let us know if this will help  you

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary

This was selected as the best answer
bhatt bijalbhatt bijal
Hey Thanks Amit, 

Its solved
Thomas HThomas H
Thanks a bunch Amit ..... 
Pamela BrownPamela Brown
The process is working but I still get the Challenge error:  
User-added image
Any help would be appreciated.
tamizharasan pushparajtamizharasan pushparaj
In your criteria conditions, please give the value as true instead of false. 
Valentin ThorisValentin Thoris
It is very frustrating, I have watched the video, checked almost all comments on the forum related to this problem, still have the Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated

Here are my screenshots. Thanks for any help you can provide!

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

Elias Sanchez in NOVAElias Sanchez in NOVA
Have the same issue and I don't know what's wrong with it. The process works. I update the account shipping address and the process goes an updates the contact mailing address as the trailhead exercise asked. I don't get it and it's so frustrating. Have destroyed the process and rebuilt it again and still stuck... 
manish kapoormanish kapoor
I gone through all forums but i couldn't get answer , on my trailhead i stuck on project Quick Start: Process Builder, i completed Steps :
Create a New Process on the Account Object (Completed)
Add Process Criteria (Completed)
Add Your Process Action (Completed)
Test Your Process (Stuck here when I test process and verified my records im able to update my Billing address from Account object to Mailing Address at Contact object successfully )
but still on trialhead im getting this error :

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated.

I verified everything its update all information correctly but still my trailhead is giving error . Please suggest what need to do as only this step is left to complete my Trailhead.

Shalini N 6Shalini N 6
hi
same problem from the above error are came again and again sp plz help me to complete the challengences
Elias Sanchez in NOVAElias Sanchez in NOVA
Got it working! I missed to add the country field. All good now :) So thankful this venue exists that helps the SF user community learning with Trailheads. 
manish kapoormanish kapoor
I tried with another playground but still getting same error though if i changed shipping address in Account object,its updading on contact object and its working fine but not sure why trailhead still giving error. Please suggest whom we need to contact so that will complete my Trail.

Kimberly DaleKimberly Dale
I have the same issue did anyone ever comeup with the reason why.  Manually i chane and it changes in the contact but not working in the process
Luis QuesadaLuis Quesada
Answer....
Instead of using "shipping address" use "billing address" as criteria to update addresses. If you need to do it in a real enviroment you can add a 2nd criteria to  update an addres using "shipping address".

User-added image

Dan_CrippsDan_Cripps
Painful but fixed.......
1. Make sure the fields are all correct, sounds obvious but you are selecting 5 field twice.  Avoid picking billing instead of shipping etc.
2. When you select the contact fields to update for the contact you have already selected Account.[Contacts] so after clicking on the lookup to select the field pick the fields directly from the picklist DO NOT pick Parent Account ID>> then select the fields as this will be the wrong object
PtochosPtochos

Try launching the Hands-on Challenge to your Dev Org.
Use the account shipping address to trigger (process build) an update to the related contacts mailing addresses.

I got it working, but it wouldnt pass the challange. Updating an account shipping address did automaticly update the related contacts mailing addresses (All 5 fields on all related contacts), but the challange kept failing with that pesky error. Tried triggering on the billing address, tried new playgrounds, tried the 5 fields in various orders, tried several other things. Was about to !bless that trailhead and move on. 
Then I launced it in my Dev Org, and it passed the first time. Sure got a lot of exerience with this trailhead...

li bo 3li bo 3
Hey Thanks Amit, 

Its solved
vikram simha 4vikram simha 4
After Struck for Several hours,
i created a new trailhead playground and tried everything same as (Amit Chaudhary 8) solution but only changed one thing "Changed IsChanged from False to True for all fields in criteria",
and finally it worked.
Cindy DenadaiCindy Denadai
It was driving me nuts but I found the problem! I was creating the Update Records Action following the fields'order as the criteria order... Street, City, State/Province, ZIP/Postal Code and Country. After saving *the action*, Trailhead, somehow automatically changed the order to alphabetical so it stayed like City, Country, ZIP/Postal Code, State/Province and Street. But again, it did it ONLY in the action. In the criteria, it followed what I mentioned before (street, city, ...) So my solution was follow this alphabetical order in the criteria and voilà, it finally worked. Hope I may help someone.
Susan BraunsSusan Brauns
I've been reading a lot of the solutions, and they are for a "filter".  My options in process builder are "conditions" and there aren't any filters with radio buttons to check.....did I start the process wrong?  Then, I end up with Boolean as part of the conditions.....
Divya NDivya N
Hi Friends,

Here are the steps I followed to complete this challenge. 

1) Created a trigger on Account object.

Select Object

2) Defined the criteria on Account Shipping address fields.

Define Criteria

3) Update Actions on Contacts object Mailing Address with following criteria.

Update records on contact mailing address fields

Finally, activate the process builder and test it by changing Account shipping address fields. In my case, it succesfully updated the records and passed the trail head challenge.  :)

User-added image

Mehdi Ali 5Mehdi Ali 5
Tried this literally step by step 
1. In my own Org
2. In Trail head playground 
STEP1: 
User-added image
STEP2:
User-added image
STEP 3:
User-added image

Not sure what else to try :(
Brian KirimdarBrian Kirimdar
Worked for me.
helen spallhelen spall
I've tried fighting this twice and it has been Dan Crips point above that nailed it.  ERROR! "An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated."

Do not look for the parent ID before the 5 shipping fields that may have been updated when creating the immediate action, just go from account to the shipping fields.  Which ever of these you pick it shows account.shipping... so the screen shots look richt but the selection is different.

The order of the fields didn't seem to matter and long as t was logical for rows.  Criteria worked with OR, rather than the and that has been mentioned in earlier posts.
Fausto GomezFausto Gomez
I completed it and is working as it should be. I had the same issue you all have, so I just checked the Contact validation rules, and I have one which I didn't delete, I edited it unchecking the active checkbox instead. So that was causing the issue.
Royal BabuRoyal Babu
Not sure why but it worked oncei did it on a new playground
William Porter 7William Porter 7
I went round in circles with this challenege, cloned my process several times, deleted them all and started again from scratch...nothing seemed to work despite following the steps to the letter.  in the end i gave up trying to solve it myself and came here.  What fixed it for me, was deleting the validation rule for zip/postal code against the account object.  as soon as i did this, the challenge passed!  Thank you to all the people above for taking the time to add their hints and tips.