function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
leah brooks 11leah brooks 11 

Check in Object for Technicians

Hello!

I apologize if I am placing this query in the wrong topic, but I believe that this is where it should be!  

I am attempting to make a (somewhat) simple app for my technicians that they can access via the SalesForce1 App.  Basically it will be a tab labelled 'Check In' that the technician presses which will give the tech a few different options that they can set as their status and will then link to a visual force page that collects the techs location data via geocaching and then outputs this location data along with the status the tech seleccted with a timestamp to a 'current location' and 'current status' field in the 'technician' object.  A dashboard will then collect this data and display on the salesforce main screen so that we always know our techs status and location.

Is this possible?  Am I way off track?  I'm fairly new to Salesforce so even just some help getting pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
Best Answer chosen by leah brooks 11
JeffreyStevensJeffreyStevens
Check out ProCoreResources.com - they have a couple of apps that already do that.  CheckLists - I think.