function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anil Kumaranil Kumar 

Site page able to access without Authentication

Hi All,

I have VF page, where i have added that page in salesforce sites to acess that VF page for the for the external user. Now my problem is user is able to access my VF page without authentication. Salesforce is not asking any authentication.

I have tried by removing my page acess following below mentioned steps but external user is not able to access VF page. User is getting insufficiant privilege error message.

Go to Setup -> Communities -> All Communities -> click Manage -> Administration -> Pages -> Go to force.com -> Click on public access settings.

Can anyone advise me how to access Salesforce site VF page with authentication

Thanks,

Regards,
Anil Kumar

Ajay Nagar 7Ajay Nagar 7
Try by adding page access to users profile : Add page in " Enabled Visualforce Page Access"
anil Kumaranil Kumar
I have added VF page in Luh_Enabled Visualforce Page Access but the issue is user is able to access VF without authentication. For example
URL( https://anil5454.force.com/MSS/mytestpage ) external user is able to access without authentication.

Ajay Nagar 7Ajay Nagar 7
Remove the page from salesforce sites and enable access for user profile only. 
anil Kumaranil Kumar
I have deleted the session and removed cookies from browser and aslo removed page from (Enabled Visualforce Page Access) now external user not able to access the page. Getting insufficiant privilege error message.
Balasubramaniam 07Balasubramaniam 07
Hi Anil,

You have to set up self registration and login process for your sites or communites.

Please check this link https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Authenticating_Users_on_Force.com_Sites

you can modify the logincontroller class to redirect to your visualforce page.

Note: Make sure VF page and controller class is assigned to Guest user profile.

Kanti PalKanti Pal
Hi Anil

I read out that still you are facing authentication error despite Site inclusion to your page. Reason for your error is the controller object (e.g. Speaker__c) you used in VF page must have Object level Create/Read/Edit permission with the new SIte Profile. Make sure the new Site Profile created after including the perticular VF page, must get the access. Then it will be visible to public.

Regards
Kanti Pal