function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WandafulWandaful 

HELP: use the Related Contacts related list to add a relationship

Hello Everyone:

I am on a trailhea module for Accounts and Contact relationships.  I know the answer is probably in front of my face.  However, I am not seeingit.  Please help.

From the Greendot Media account record, use the Related Contacts related list to add a relationship with John Smith.
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
I hope you alread done below step ?

Set Up Contacts to Multiple Accounts
Setup is quick and easy. Just follow these steps.
  1. From Setup, enter Account Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Account Settings.
  2. Select Allow users to relate a contact to multiple accounts.
  3. Add the Related Contacts related list to the account page layouts your reps use.
  • From Setup, enter Accounts in the Quick Find box, then select Page Layouts.
  • Next to the appropriate page layout, click Edit.
  • Select Related Lists.
  • Drag Related Contacts onto the page layout. Because the Related Contacts related list automatically includes all direct contacts, you can remove the Contacts related list on your account page layouts.

Once you will done above step you need to click on related list and need to add contact with account
sandhya reddy 10sandhya reddy 10
Hi Wandaful,

I have steps for this challenge with screenshots below

step1.create Account with name 'Acme Corporation'

step2.create Account with name 'Greendot Media'

step3. Create a contact with First Name = 'John', Last Name = 'Smith'. In the Account Name field, enter 'Acme Corporation'.

User-added image

step4.
From the Greendot Media account record, use the Related Contacts related list to add a relationship with John Smith.

to complete this teps u need to the following.

step4.you need to have Contacts to Multiple Accounts and Account Teams enabled. 

Go to customize --- Account settings--then check Allow users to relate multiple contacts

User-added image

step5.From Setup, click Customize | Accounts | Account Teams.
Click Enable Account Teams.
User-added image

step6.The Related Contacts and Account Teams related lists must be on the Account page layout

From Setup, enter Accounts in the Quick Find box, then select Page Layouts.
Next to the appropriate page layout, click Edit.
Select Related Lists.
Drag Related Contacts onto the page layout. User-added image

User-added image
step7:The Related Accounts related list must be on the Contact page layout.

From Setup, enter contacts in the Quick Find box, then select Page Layouts.
Select Related Lists.
Drag Related Contacts onto the page layout.

step8:Go to accounts ---select Greendot Media account record ---go to Related contact---add --john

sandhya reddy 10sandhya reddy 10
User-added image

step9:
Add yourself to the account team for the 'Acme Corporation' account with the Team Role of 'Account Manager'.

Go to Accounts---Acme Corporation----when u scroll down u see Account Team related  list click Add ---yourself(systemadmin) User-added image

Please let us know if this helps you.

Thanks and Regards
sandhya
Oluwaseyi GbadeboOluwaseyi Gbadebo
yes, this helped. Thanks.
Cheers, Seyi
Trailhead StrangerTrailhead Stranger

Awesome, thank you so much for the screenshots.

I was having some issues with this one: 

From Setup, enter Accounts in the Quick Find box, then select Page Layouts.
Select Related Lists.

So I choose this one:

User-added image
User-added image

John BauerleJohn Bauerle
Did this get figued out? I have the same issue as Aimee. The Related Accounts button is not listed in the related lists.
Hi John Bauerle,
Thanks to all the screenshots. I was able to finish the challenge months ago.
John BauerleJohn Bauerle
Ainee, what was the turning point? I am stuck on your screenshot. I still cant get related accounts to show up :( 
John BauerleJohn Bauerle
Went and unchecked everything and started from scratch. Still cant get the related accounts to show up.... Any ideas? This is driving me nuts
John BauerleJohn Bauerle
Bump - still stuck 
Silva CarverSilva Carver
Hi sandhya reddy 10

We are also having problems with this module. We've gone through all the steps as you have shown in the screen shots, but when it comes to adding myself as an Account Team Account Manager, the option for Account manager does not appear.

It is in the main admin list:
User-added image

But not in the Account relationship section of Acme (list is ordered alphabetically)
User-added image

It must have been there a few weeks ago when I completed the module, but since the release of the new modules a week ago, colleagues have not been able to complete the challenge.
Can anyone help please?

Hi, I retake this challenge to show you (John Bauerle & Silva Carver, and anyone else who needs help in this).
Please, Thumbs UP if it help you finish the challenge. 

I definitely recommend you to "Create a new Trailhead Playground"

First Step: 
Set Up Contacts to Multiple Accounts & Add Related Contact List
(Follow the steps provided by Trailhead) Here are my screenshots

Set Up Contacts to Multiple Accounts
User-added image

Second Step: 

Enable Account Teams
Account Team

Third Step: 

- Create an account with the Account Name 'Acme Corporation'.
- Create an account with the Account Name 'Greendot Media'.
- Create a contact with First Name = 'John', Last Name = 'Smith'. In the Account Name field, enter 'Acme Corporation'.

- From the Greendot Media account record, use the Related Contacts related list to add a relationship with John Smith.
Greendot Related Contacts

Add yourself to the account team for the 'Acme Corporation' account with the Team Role of 'Account Manager'.
Me and Account Team

That's it,
Challenge Complete!
You've earned: 500 Points.

Please, give a  Thumbs UP if it help you finish the challenge.

Thank you!

Silva CarverSilva Carver
All sorted now, thank you!
Big FellahBig Fellah
John Bauerle, I was stuck at the same thing the turning point to me was when I got to the Account Page Layouts, I edited Account Layout (forget about Sales, support Marketing,etc), and drag the Related Contacts to the related list and that did it.
sairam v 14sairam v 14
Thanks all it's worth full answer for step by step
Andrew schneiderAndrew schneider
I was having the same problem, until I noticed if you scroll down the left hand side of the box where you drag in the fields, there is a category called "Related Lists" and Related Contacts is in that list.
Aija SilinaAija Silina
I had the same problem and a new one - when I go to Setup there is no option for Account Settings. Had to dig through ther layout section under 'build' and still no 'related contacts' anywhere.