function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jozsef HarcsaJozsef Harcsa 

deploy visualforce page with custom controller

Hi all,
Is there any way to deploy a VisualForce page with a custom controller using the sandbox outbound set. It works well in sandbox but when I tried to deploy it (using an outbound set whith the VF page, the Apex controller and the test class) didn't work. (I've found an old discussion about a similar problem from 2008 but that didn't help me).
Thanks in advance
Srinath TherampattilSrinath Therampattil
Hey,

Could you detail what exactly is not working? Is it the upload, validation, deployment or the functionality? 
If the upload is faliing due to version mismatch, then probably your SB is on latest Summer 16 and your prod might still be on Spring 16.
Hey,
Thank you for checking my issue and sorry for not being specific.
The problem is when I tried to deploy a Visualforce page with a custom Apex controller (and with a test class) I got an error message that the VF page in question does not exist. When I tried to create the page before the deployment I wasn't able to save it because the custom controller were not deployed.
Thanks for any idea
Srinath TherampattilSrinath Therampattil
Thank you for the details. 
Couple of things to check - 
  • Does your page refer any other pages, which is not included in the change set?
  • All dependent components are added to changeset?
  • Are there any other error being thrown? This particular message might be because of some other error.
Other than these I think things are pretty straight forward. Also, it would be helpful, if you could post the error message screenshot or the code for further investigation.
Hi Srinath,
Thanks again for helping me. Interestingly when I tried to reproduce the error messages I got a different one which was retated to the test and I could fix it. Probably at the first time I tried to deploy a different VF page with the controller. I am not pretty sure but...
Eventually I was able to deploy it.
Thanks again,
Jozsef