function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prati@salesforceprati@salesforce 

Process Builder and Approval

Hi I am trying to automate an approval process using a process builder. Here if opportuity amount is greater than 150000, user needs approval from manager. For that I have created an approval process already and in the actions of process builder, I have included this approval process. But when I try to save the oppoertunity with this amount , I am getting an error like this"Error Occurred: This record is currently in an approval process. A record can be in only one approval process at a time."
Can you please help me to assign an approval prcess using process builder? if you have examples on this, That would be very helpful.
Thanks
Best Answer chosen by prati@salesforce
Sitarama MurthySitarama Murthy
prati,

once u create oppurtunity record with amount >150000, that record will be submmited for approval process automatically,.even i got error but when i checked Items to approve related list in home page the was present in approval list.

if u dont find it, Then check with the entry Criteria of approval process and process builder. OR you might have checked skip criteria in action section of process builder.

All Answers

prati,

once u create oppurtunity record with amount >150000, that record will be submmited for approval process automatically,.even i got error but when i checked Items to approve related list in home page the was present in approval list.

if u dont find it, Then check with the entry Criteria of approval process and process builder. OR you might have checked skip criteria in action section of process builder.

This was selected as the best answer
Thank you for your reply.
Yeah this time I didnt check the box and i was able to save record this time and also able to see approval process in approval list.But I didn't understand the reason behind it.
Can you please tell me how to edit an existing process builder?
hi,
you can not edit and existing or active process builder, in order to edit 
first :deactivate that process builder
second :clone and  make changes in cloned process builder and save it activate that.
Yes after cloning it I am able to edit only few but not all  of them , like I am able to edit name, object, etc but not everything. Is it a restriction?
what u want to edit?
you can't edit any action, u need to delete that and re create the action.
and also u can't edit or change the object you built the process.
its limit from salesforce process builder