function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Capgemini TeamCapgemini Team 

how to bypass verification code for certain users on apps connected to salesforce?

Hello All,

We have an external application build on salesforce SDK that is connected to our salesforce organization. We would want to know how can we bypass the verification code pop up for certain set of users and directly login into the end users accounts ?

We tried by mentioning our IP address in trusted IP range but it still asks for a verification code. Note that we would want to bypass the verification pop-up only for 2-3 users only

Please advise.

Regards,
Neha Patil
Best Answer chosen by Capgemini Team
Manish BhatiManish Bhati
Are you sure the IP you tried were Static IP not Dynamic IP addresses?
Try taking the IP addresses from the Administer > Manage Users > Login History

Also there are only two options to deactivate this feature:-
1. Specify IP ranges.
2. Contact SFDC Customer Support.

All Answers

Manish BhatiManish Bhati

1. Specify IP ranges.
2. Contact SFDC Customer Support.
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Manish. Your solution worked. i picked up the IP address from login higtory and it seems to be working thanks a lot :).
But i have a question here, why does it not work for dynamic IP and works for static IP?
Hi manish,

The IP address that is seen in login history is it the static address or dynamic address?. If its dynamic then its likely to change eveytime i am connected to a WI-fi network for example isn't it?. In that case how do we handle this issue?

Best Regards.
Hi Manish,

Thanks for your explaination. If i undersatand you correctly, the IP address that is shown in the login history is the dynamic address. Further when you connect to a WIFI network it will give you different addresses everyday. In that case how can this be handled?
Shan CambonShan Cambon
Thank you Manish for your explanation to Capgemini Team (copied below) on how to bypass the verification code .  The two options underneath are incomplete!  I found the Login History... but where do you specify the IP ranges from there 'your n°1) below"? How do you contact your SFDC Customer Support?  I work from home for three recruiters, and have sometimes to enter their verification code, after waiting to receive them!  I would love to get rid off this verification code.  But how? Thanks SC

" from Manish Bhati to Capgemini Team:(June 27, 2016)

1. Specify IP ranges.
2. Contact SFDC Customer Support."