function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tarun Kaushik 11Tarun Kaushik 11 

Customization on Article Life cycle after Creation

Article Life Cycle flowHow ca I achieve below Requirement

When a new article is created then I want to assign it to a user (OWNER=user) then if it is submitted for approval, it should assign to a queue(OWNER=Queue) and later on users of the respective queue can accept it and change the owner of Article.

Like for example- we have a standard functionality on Case object in which we can assign a Case to user (OWNER=user) or a Queue (OWNER=Queue) and after it is assigned to a queue then It will be visible on the list view of user(agent) under my cases tab and then he/she can accept it form the 'accept button'

As of now standard owner field is not available on Article type object, So is there any way to achieve this functionality on Aricle Type..?

VineetKumarVineetKumar
There seems to be one Assign button on the Article Management screen, are you looking for something like that?

HI Vineet

I need to assign a article automatically when it is submitted for approval.

According to standard 'Assign' button,If I am assigning a article to a knowledge user or a 'queue' .How he will get to know that Article is assign to him/her or to a Queue.

I have assighned a article to myselft however I want to know where I wills see that assighnment to me.

VineetKumarVineetKumar
I did something similar in my Org, where I created an Approval Process for the respective Article Type.
  • Set the approver as queue
  • Email notification to be sent to the queue member or the user.
While setting up the approval process, you can set the Approver to be a queue or a particular User, and also you can configure an email alert in the Initial Submission Actions and a email alert on approval/rejection in the corresponding approval steps..
In case it is assigned to a queue, someone can take an ownership by using the assign button.

To see what all articles are assigned to a person, he/she can go to the Article Management tab, and on the view panel on the left, Select Draft Articles Assigned to "Me"

hi

Thanks for the response

Could you suggest me a workaround in which I can assign a queue as the owner of Article Type like 'Assigned to' field will have a queue id and after it is accepted by a user of that queue .

I mean user can filter the article accorsing to the assignment of queue like we have a functionality on Cases in whcih we can accept the Case when it is assigned to queue.

VineetKumarVineetKumar
As per the salesforce standard feature for Articles, it doesn't provide you the facillity to create a custom list view (as seen in cases).
Though you can develop a custom VF page to replicate something like that having custom view based on the queue and the records assigned to them.
Hi

We want to do some actions on article types on the basis of click of custom button on article, However I cannot see any option to create a custom button on an  article type and customize the further process through
it.

Like we want send article for review or to archive or to update the status of article, How can we achieve this..?

VineetKumarVineetKumar
Knowledge Articles behave in a totally different way as compared to standard objects.
Though they somewhat follow a similar object structure, but not all the features are available in knowledge article.
So, to say you will not be able to create a custom button on article. Though you can create a VF page.
Only workflows and approval process are possible on Article, perhaps you may have to utilize them and create your business logic around them.

Let me know if that helped.