function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian ChristiansenBrian Christiansen 

Create sales dashboards in Salesforce Classic - Superbadge

I am getting the following error:

The 'Sales Manager' dashboard does not have the correct headers and titles for the chart components.

Here is the screenshot of my dashboard

Dashboard
Best Answer chosen by Brian Christiansen
Jay RaineyJay Rainey
Hi Brian - That will be an issue as I also ran into this situation earlier where it wouldn't let me name the report.  What worked for this situation was customizing the report and in the Report Properties and moving it into a different folder and renaming it to Opportunity Pipeline.

All Answers

Amit GhadageAmit Ghadage
HI brian,
Same question is here in community you can refer this
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000kDMbIAM
Best Regards,
Amit Ghadage
Amit - that thread is focused on the marketing dashboard. My post is referring to the sales manager dashboard which is different.
Anju Chacko QBAnju Chacko QB
Hi Brian, I am getting same err, did you solve this?

Jay RaineyJay Rainey
Hi Brian (and Annis) - I just received the same error.  What fixed it for me was correcting the name of one of my source reports (I didn't realize the challenge would check those titles as well).  I had the Source Report of "Closed Opps" but it wasn't exact to the required "Closed Opps: number of deals and amount" title.  I corrected the source report, refreshed both my Sales Manager and Sales Reps dashboards and challenged completed.  I hope this helps!
Hi there,

I have the source reports properly named with the exception of "Opportunity Pipeline".  I had deleted that original report after a check I did earlier, and now I cannot create the same report name even though I deleted it and emptied the recycle bin.  It's called Opportunity Pipeline4 now.

I certainly hope this isnt the issue - that would be a shame.

Still not able to pass the test

User-added image
Jay RaineyJay Rainey
Hi Brian - That will be an issue as I also ran into this situation earlier where it wouldn't let me name the report.  What worked for this situation was customizing the report and in the Report Properties and moving it into a different folder and renaming it to Opportunity Pipeline.
This was selected as the best answer
Thank you Jay very much for your continued help.  This finally did the trick!  I owe you one!
bobnunny1bobnunny1
I am getting the same error and I have all of the Titles, sub-titles, and report names the same as in the requirements.  Does anyone see anything wrong?

Superbadge - RandD - Challenge 2 error
bobnunny1
At first glance your opportunity pipeline looks to be summarized by the wrong field.  It should be stage, not type.
bobnunny1bobnunny1
I saw nothing in the requirements for that.  But to your point, now that I look at the picture, it's at the bottom.  The error messages need to be more clear too.  That isn't a problem with the Headings; it's a problem with the report.  Still, I made the change and still get the same error.
Sorry I can't be of more help.  The only other comments I would have (not related to headers and footers) are:

- Is your Dashboard named correctly "Sales Rep" or "Sales Manager"
- My Y axes on report number of deals and amount is Sum of Total Opp and Number of Deals.  Yours say "Sum of Amount" and "Record Count"
- Your reports bring in data outside the defined range of 1/1/2020 - 6/30-2020

bobnunny1bobnunny1
@Brian Christiansen AH!  I think you may have hit upon it!  The range I completely forgot about.  ANd the 2nd bullet deserves a 2nd look too.  Thanx!
bobnunny1bobnunny1

Looking deeper, I suspect my final problem is the "Close date" for the Closed Won Opportunities charts.  The example in the requirements shows "Close date" with a month/1/year.  But Close Date is what shows as a field for the reports and can be grouped that way, but reflects the month spelled out.  Using "Close Month" works, but then shows as "Month" instead of "date".  Any hints to get the grouping as defined?

bobnunny1bobnunny1
This is my latest iteration.  Pretty much at my wits end here.  Really wish the error was more reflective of the actual error.  All looks to match, but still getting: 
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Sales Manager' dashboard does not have the correct headers and titles for the chart components.
User-added image
For what it's worth - here's mine that passed.User-added image
Jay RaineyJay Rainey
Hi bobnunny1 - As far as titles and headers go, everything is looking good to me.  Did you do a final save and refresh your dashboard before checking this step?  Also, on your Closed Won Opportunities - Number of deals and amounts chart I see an additional symbol in the top right corner.  I'm not sure what the symbol means, but it does seem out of place to me and could be worth looking into.
bobnunny1bobnunny1
Thanx for all your help Brian.  Mine looks exactly the same except Opp Pipeline has more stages.  My underlying report has show "All Open Opportunities" with a filter of Closed Date 1/1/2020 - 6/30/2020.

Jay, I have definitely done many refreshes before checking.  The symbols are because I used the Edit screen for the screenshot so that I could show Source.

Really wish they had someone monitoring these threads to tell us more specific reasons.  The reason it provides just isn't accurate.
Did you do this step?  I ask because your Y axis lists "amount" which is an out of the box field.

Create a Total Opp Value field on the Account object to summarize the value of all closed won opportunities for the account.
Create an Open Opp Value field on the Account object to summarize the value of all open opportunities for the account. In the report, this field is grouped into three categories; call the resulting categorized field Account Value:
bobnunny1bobnunny1
Yes, I did, but I used Amount because that's what their picture shows.  I used the Total Opp Value field for the Contact Hobby reports.
bobnunny1bobnunny1
Thanx Brian.  I updated to use Total Opps and it still gives the same error. Very frustrating...
bobnunny1bobnunny1
Latest version below which matches Brian's exactly.  Anyone else have any hints?  Only thing I can see different is I have different stages in my Opp Pipeline, but that's directly from the data.  (All Open Opps from 2020)
User-added image
Are the reports in the right folder <grasps at straw> Personal Folders?  
Bob also this is a "Solved" Thread.  Perhaps spinning up a new thread might get the attention of a superuser.
bobnunny1bobnunny1
Yes, in personal folder because it states: Until that time, store your reports and dashboards in your personal custom report and dashboard folders.

I'll try creating a new thread, but to have a "Superbadge" with no support from Salesforce is quite disappointing.

Thanx for your help/trying.
Bridget Abercrombie 24Bridget Abercrombie 24
Hoping someone can help me with this same issue.  I have looked at a bunch of posts and although my Sales Manager Dashboard looks exactly like Brian's (above), I still receive an error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?   

User-added image
Luke Potter 27Luke Potter 27
Briget, make sure it isn't your Sales Reps dashboard that's causing the issue. I had cloned my Sales Manager dashboard so the Sales Reps one was incorrect also. Whats the erorr message you're getting ? i'll try to help.
Frank Mamone 24Frank Mamone 24
Same issue here.  I have exactly the same thing but failing validation.  Frustrated.
Frank Mamone 24Frank Mamone 24
Just curious, for the people that cleared this challenge, in the Dashboard Component configuration, are you checking the box "use chart from Report..."

Thanks
Chaitanya madduri 9Chaitanya madduri 9
Hi Frank ,
Yeah I checked Use Chart from Report . The same error frustated me . I did second time again all the headers and title (Copy , Paste from Trailhead ) it did passed me that challenge. 

Shreyas Dhond 16Shreyas Dhond 16
What field on the opportunity do you use to get the # of deals grouping on the first chart?
Soleummy KeoSoleummy Keo
Thank You i had the title as Case by Status and it was supposed to be Cases by Status
Aam MAam M
Can any1 please give me complete solution for "Contacts Without Hobbies"   Report ??? 
Swati Senapati 1Swati Senapati 1
Hi,
How to get Closed Won Opportunities,All Opportunities,account value on dashboard.cant find it in data sources

User-added image
Mike DavidsonMike Davidson
Hi, also got stuck. Anyone who sees the issue? Thanks in advance.

User-added image

Hector SosaHector Sosa
My problem with this error:
Was that I modified the unique names of some reports: example: I put Contacts_Without_Hobbies2, so I corrected that ones and I passed the challenge.
Kasif Imran 23Kasif Imran 23
Hi All  Can anyone tell me how did you get Number of Deals on the first report as i cant see any field on the opportunity object, i am able to do all other reports apart from the first chart
Roop Kumar Singh BondiliRoop Kumar Singh Bondili
How did you get Number of Deals on the first report? I am unable to get that in my Closed Won Opportunities.
Luis Roberto Acosta CoronaLuis Roberto Acosta Corona
Hello everyone,

Maybe this is a basic question but do you know if source reports needs to be created I couldn't fin in any place the Closed Opps: number and amount by month.

Let me know your comments.

Thanks
Rohan SarafRohan Saraf

Hii All..

Stucked on challenge 2 Unable to proceed getting this error...

here are my screenshots for the sales and marketing manager dashboard

User-added image

User-added image

Frederic GAUDILLEREFrederic GAUDILLERE
Hi all
I've been spending a while before getting out of here.
All my titles and labels were ok but since I'm french, I typed a space after the ':' sign in the report named Closed Opps: number and amount by month.
After building the same report, saved with the correct name, I passed the challenge. So be aware that report's names are checked too.
My two cents.
DharDhar
Hi All
I get the following error "The Sales Manager 'Amount by type' component does not have either the correct chart type or report source"
Verified a number of times that the source name is corrected (created by cut/paste from the challenge)
Here is how the "Account by type" chart looks like, anyone face similar problem or perhaps I am still missing something?
Any pointers apprecicated.

User-added image
Frederic GAUDILLEREFrederic GAUDILLERE
Hi Dhar,
It seems like your graph is not stacked. Be sure to have the side-by-side display selected.
Regards

dashboard
DharDhar
Thanks a ton Frederi GAUDILLERE.  That was the porblem.
Rohan SarafRohan Saraf

@Brian Christiansen...Thank you... Your Picture helped me a lot to Tally my headers with yours...!!

After a long time and tremendous changes I passed the 2nd Challenge otherwise, I was continuously getting the same error that the headers and title are incorrect.

Note All those who will attempt this Challenge do remember that just clone the "Sales manager" Dashboards for the "Sales Reps" Dashboards.

Here is My finalized Dashboards Images:

Sales Manager:
User-added image

Marketing Manager:
User-added image

Regards,
Rohan Saraf

Mitha AnggreaniMitha Anggreani
i get the error in this dashboard, how you can fix the problem? , how can i get "deals" in my report? thx

User-added imageUser-added image