function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John Medeiros 15John Medeiros 15 

Running into an Error on my Dev Org due to setting up encryption.

The trailhead: Importing Data - Challenge keeps failing - see error message

There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: KMOEAQSC. Error: Faraday::ClientError. Message: INVALID_FIELD: SELECT Name, Id from Contact where Email LIKE '%example.com' ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:36 encrypted field 'Email' cannot be filtered in a query call

I have disabled encryption and un-encrypted the "email" fields.  

How can I get around this error?  Or should I just spin up a new Dev Org?
Alex TMAlex TM
Same issue for me.
Sid SahSid Sah
I have faced a similar issue. Currently, the one way to make this working is to submit a ticket with Salesforce and provide your org id and the field that you have encrypted(Contact.Email in your case). They should be able to fix it.
If you don't want to deal with Salesforce support, then spin up a new Dev org.
Candace PhelpsCandace Phelps
Same issue for me (while completing a Data Import trail... so odd). Any solution to this? I wasn't even trying to encrypt any fields and I also removed encryption on fields that were encrypted (none of which were Contact.Email). 

Here is the error message I'm getting:
There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: ZYSVLRDZ. Error: Faraday::ClientError. Message: INVALID_FIELD: SELECT Name, Id from Contact where Email LIKE '%example.com' ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:36 encrypted field 'Contact.Email' cannot be filtered in a query call
Abhishek ShakrawarAbhishek Shakrawar
Hello all,
Here’s response to exception occurring during ' Import data using the Data Import Wizard.’ Challenge

Probable cause - While checking the challenge Salesforce is trying to check the challenge in the Playground and u guys must be completing the assignment in Dev. Just complete the assignment in Trailhead Playgroud and check.. It worked for me..

Thanks
Abhishek Shakrawar