function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Julia ZocoloJulia Zocolo 

Create Custom Object when Opportunity is Closed Won

Hello All,

I am still a SF Admin Newb but I am learning more and more everyday. I am going to throw this out into the SF Developer universe with hopes someone can assist me on how to do this if it's possible:

I would like our Custom Object "LC Account Notes" to Automatically be Created each time an Opportunity is Closed-Won for an Account. The challenge in our Org is the Account Owner is always a Sales Rep, but each Rep has a Consultant who drives the strategy with the client. For this reason, the Consultants need their own designated area to track their activities, calls, and strategies separated from the Sales Cycle/ generic Account Details.

So if I can automate the creation of the Custom Object LC Account Notes, we would be golden. (See Screenshot).User-added image
If created from the Account Page, Account Name is auto-populated so I guess I also need to know if the "Subject" aka the LC Account Note Name can be populated. Ideally by the Account Name & Contract Year: "LC Account Notes: Test Inc. 2016-2017"

In the future, I would like the Account Strategy to also be created automatically but this can definitely wait.

Any insight or direction with this is much appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your time!
Julia Rodriguez

Best Answer chosen by Julia Zocolo
Dario BakDario Bak
Hi/Hola Julia! 

You need to learn about process builder, you can set a trigger and create a new record in salesforce right after that. You can also code, but not recommended when you can avoid id.

If this solves the problem please mark as Best Solution!

All Answers

Dario BakDario Bak
Hi/Hola Julia! 

You need to learn about process builder, you can set a trigger and create a new record in salesforce right after that. You can also code, but not recommended when you can avoid id.

If this solves the problem please mark as Best Solution!
This was selected as the best answer
Julia ZocoloJulia Zocolo

Hi Darlo,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. We briefly went over the Process Builder in my ADMIN 201 Training course so I will look at some videos/ Trailhead for this and see where I end up.

Thank you again for your time!

Julia Rodriguez