function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Yasmina MoslehiYasmina Moslehi 

Change sets or Force.com IDE?

Hello !

It would be great if you could confirm these 2 answers for me please!! As they just get me confused! 

1)Which deployment tools will you use to deploy metadata from one organization to another organization?

Force.com IDE
 Change sets
 Unmanaged Packages

2) Which deployment tools will you use to migrate metadata to 2 different production orgs?

Force.com Migration Tool 
Force.com IDE 
Unmanaged package

After looking at the documents, I belive the answer to question 1 is Change sets, but on the online quiz I am taking it gives me the answer as Force.com IDE.  Can someone please clarify this for me?

Also, as for number 2 all tools could be used to migrate metadata to 2 different production orgs, but which would be preferable, or all need to be used in conjunction ? 

Thank you!!!

Best Answer chosen by Yasmina Moslehi
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
1)Which deployment tools will you use to deploy metadata from one organization to another organization?
 Force.com IDE
 Change sets
 Unmanaged Packages

ANS:-  Force.com IDE is used to deploy metadata from  one organization to anothor organization. But with change set you can deploy changes within one organization. Means all sandbox only not from one production org to another production org

2) Which deployment tools will you use to migrate metadata to 2 different production orgs?

Force.com Migration Tool 
Force.com IDE 
Unmanaged package

ANS:-  Force.com IDE is used to deploy metadata from  on organization to anothor organization.

All Answers

Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
 Force.com IDE
 Change sets
 Unmanaged Packages

ANS:-  Force.com IDE is used to deploy metadata from  one organization to anothor organization. But with change set you can deploy changes within one organization. Means all sandbox only not from one production org to another production org

Force.com Migration Tool 
Force.com IDE 
Unmanaged package

ANS:-  Force.com IDE is used to deploy metadata from  on organization to anothor organization.

This was selected as the best answer
Yasmina MoslehiYasmina Moslehi
Many thanks Amit! 
Sankhadeep  BiswasSankhadeep Biswas
i guess using Unmanaged pakage you can also migrate metadata from one org to another org
Harjeet Makkar 13Harjeet Makkar 13
As per link below there are 3 answers :-
http://theblogreaders.com/salesforce-app-builder-dumps-certification-question-and-answers-part-4/#respond

42) What tools you need to use to migrate Metadata to Two Different Production Orgs? (Choose 3)
a) Force.Com IDE 
b) Force.Com Migration Tools
c) Change Set
d) Data Loader
e) Unmanaged Package