function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
msaz87msaz87 

Use Process Builder to delete lead converted chatter posts on account

I wanted to use Process Builder + a flow to automatically delete the chatter post generated on an account when a lead is converted. I've created both parts, but it doesn't seem to be working...

Here's the process builder:
User-added image

It triggers on the "Feed Item" object, when an object is created or edited, with no recursion.

The action group criteria is pretty basic for now, just to test it -- with the only condition being FeedItem Type = "Tracked Change"
User-added image

And the only action is to launch the flow that deletes the record...
User-added image
The flow is just one part:
User-added image
Taking the variable ID from the Process Builder and deleting it
User-added image

Any ideas why this wouldn't work?
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi msaz87,

Please check below link which has an example for your requirement.

https://automationchampion.com/2015/04/09/getting-started-with-process-builder-part-17-auto-delete-system-generated-chatter-post/

Please accept my solution as BestAnswer if my answer was helpful.It will make it available for other as the proper solution.If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
sandhya

msaz87msaz87
Hi Sandhya -- will this example work for repeated conversions to the same Account? The example looks like the PB is only triggered when a new Account is created via lead conversion -- so will this work if the Account already exists and has new leads being converted into it?
Diavonna S.Diavonna S.
Hi msaz87,

I know this response is almost a year old, but in case you haven't received any response elsewhere, I can answer your last question about this process.  The link posted for the Automation Champion resolution will only work for Leads converted to new Accounts; it will not work for repeated conversions to existing Accounts.  I've confirmed this with the author of the blog.  If this process can be modified to work with existing accounts, I will come back and update.