function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John HolsteinJohn Holstein 

Challenge Using Report Formats - When is matrix report not a matrix report?

I am a newbie and stuck on this challenge in the Basic Reporting Section "Using Report Formats"  I am stuck and need help.  

Here is the link I am working on.  https://na3.salesforce.com/00O50000004rixg/e?retURL=%2F00O50000004rixg
The challenge is as follows:
Failure Message
My steps are as follows:
1. I grouped the Lead Source and the Rating which made it a summary format
2. I then changed it to the matrix report setting and moved "Rating" to the Column Header and moved "Lead Source" to the row header.
Then I saved my file.
Screen Shot of summary
Detail
Screen Shot of Detail
Detail
Additional detail : I deleted my first try which I guess now was a mistake.  I am now just renaming the file with a number at the end as suggested.  So I am at "Matrix of Leads2" for my submission name. Not sure if this is the issue as it maybe trying to look for "Matrix of Leads" and seeing my first file.  I am stuck and I cannot figure out what obvious thing I am missing?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by John Holstein
Thank you Ajay!  I think the problem is that the first time I created this file I named it "Matrix of Leads" and the unique name was "Matrix_of_Leads".  I deleted that file.  Since then I have tried saving it again as "Matrix of Leads" with a unique name of "Matrix of Leads1" and so on and still the error.  I have also tried the combination of naming it "Matrix of Leads1" and a unique name of "Matrix_of_Leads1" and that also does not work.  Is there a way of submitting the answer after deleting the proper name first suggested? 

All Answers

Ajay Anikar H RAjay Anikar H R
Hi John,

Report is perfect, kindly rename it to Matrix of Leads, recheck the challenge (based on my experience chanllenge verifies the name of the report upfront and then the format).
Hope that helps.
Thank you Ajay!  I think the problem is that the first time I created this file I named it "Matrix of Leads" and the unique name was "Matrix_of_Leads".  I deleted that file.  Since then I have tried saving it again as "Matrix of Leads" with a unique name of "Matrix of Leads1" and so on and still the error.  I have also tried the combination of naming it "Matrix of Leads1" and a unique name of "Matrix_of_Leads1" and that also does not work.  Is there a way of submitting the answer after deleting the proper name first suggested? 

This was selected as the best answer
Hi John,

You can always change the unique name as well; try chaning the first report if it is still avaiable if not while you are saving the second report with name = Matrix of Leads, change the unique name to Matrix_ofLeads (removing the prefix of underscore)....let me know if that helps.
Ajay, once again thank you!  You caused me to remeber and go back to previous section.  There the following advice was given to just add a number after the name.  I did that again and on my fifth try it worked.  So learned to never delete a file name on a challenge.  Thanks again for you help.  I got my badge and moving on.
How does a question like this get closed out?  It is answered now.
Thats great to know that you are able to move on. You can choose the appropriate comment as best answer which will mark the question as resolved.
Great day.
Ajay, one last question.  I am used to working on Salesforce in a company, not here.  If I post a link to the report like this https://na3.salesforce.com/00O50000004rkVN  can you work with that link?  That is how I used to get others to help me in my old company.
No John the org specific link will not work here; those are very specific to your developer org.

Indraja YekkaluriIndraja Yekkaluri
hii ,
i got this error i tried so many times still i am getting same error
The 'Matrix of Leads' report is not a matrix report,
and i tried that way also changing the name that one also not worked for me .
please help me
Hi Indraja,

Do you happen to have multiple reports with same name?
Can you verify the API names (for exmp if you initial created the report with name as "Matrix of Lead" without the "s" after which you added "s" then also API name would remain as "matrix_of_lead" but challenge would be trying to find "matrix_of_leads").
If this doesnt help..pls post report snapshot..

Thank you