function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anthony PiantineAnthony Piantine 

Pull up Records based on search from RFID tag

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has ever or have any ideas on how you could have an RFID tag contain a specific number that would equal a records record ID and then use the specific record ID on that RFID tag to search salesforce and pull up their contact. We plan to use this at our camp where each camper has would have a RFID braceet and would would each have a contact and record for that specific camp event
RaidanRaidan
You don't have to match the tag to the record ID. However, you can create a text field and check the External ID box. Then you can store the tag number in this field. This field will be searchable.
Anthony PiantineAnthony Piantine
Great, thank you Raidan. That would make things far easir! Has anyone though know of any 3rd party services or some such way to automatically search salesforce when the rfid tag is read?

RaidanRaidan
I believe if you search for Salesforce RFID, there will be some products available out there. I have never used one myself :-) Have fun looking!

Please don't forget to mark the answer to help others who have the same question. Thanks!