function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BreandanAnseoBreandanAnseo 

Process Builder - available to Professional Edition?

Hi there,

I see SF Help documentation says that Process Builder is available in PE:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=process_overview.htm&language=en_US

However when I signed up for a PE Trial and tried to install a Package that uses a Process Builder Flow I got an error:
"Missing feature : Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Flow Versions"

Is Process Builder available to PE? Does it need to be requested to be activated?

Thanks
Breandán
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Try raising a case with salesforce.
I tried that but SF directed me to these boards as not being a "premier customer/partner".
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Just trying to shoot in the dark, can you check if Manage Force.com Flow permission is there on the user's profile that you are using to install the pkg.
Good thinking. I just checked and in PE I am setup as a System Admin Profile but do not see that "Manage Force.com Flow" Permission option. I do see it in the Dev Org though. Suggests Process Builder Flow is not available by default in PE? Or possibly in the Trial?
VineetKumarVineetKumar
I would say the possibility is more for the Org versions being Trial.
Would be nice to get confirmation either way from SF though before developing the promising Process Builder!
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Perhaps you can approach saleforce or an account executive (if you have one) to activate this feature for some time, so as to check out this thing. I hope they won't say no to that.

Do mark my answer as best answer if it helped you.