function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
B DubsB Dubs 

How to add app to Lightning navigation

Hello,

I have read material that says I can add an app to the navigation bar in Lightning, I have read an Ideas Exchange post that says it was added in Spring 16.  However I created an app and it is not listed in the available items to add to the navigation bar and searching for it does not result in finding it.

Anyone know how to do this or if it is possible?

Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by B Dubs
Balasubramaniam 07Balasubramaniam 07
No, Console App wont be available in Navigation Menu (Lightning Experience)

Thanks,
Bala

All Answers

Vasani ParthVasani Parth
Dubs,

It is available in Spring '16 under setup -> Navigation Menu. However you have to first enable lightning experience and access lightning experience based setup instead of classic. You can also refer to the below link for more reference,

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/lex_migration_whatsnew/lex_migration_whatsnew_nav_setup

Please mark this as the best answer if this helps
B DubsB Dubs
Thanks Vasani,

But I am doing those things and I have customized the navigation menu in lightning.  The problem is the app I created does not show up in the list of items I can add to the menu.

Hi,

You can add it in two ways.

First
1. Create a Lightning component TAB in classic view (This will list out lightning component with apphostable)
2. Search Navigation in quick find in Lightning Experience setup menu and create a menu and add the tabs you want.

Second
1.Create a Lightning Page under tabs section in classic view which will allow you to create lightning app page and add the required components to the app through drag and drop.
2. Search Navigation in quick find in Lightning Experience setup menu and create a menu and add the tabs you want.

Thanks,
Bala
B DubsB Dubs
Bala,

Will either of these work if the app I am trying to add is a console app?
No, Console App wont be available in Navigation Menu (Lightning Experience)

Thanks,
Bala
This was selected as the best answer
B DubsB Dubs
Ok thanks Bala, that seems like that is the answer I was seeking.