function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jose ZunigaJose Zuniga 

How can upload workflows from Eclipse to Sandbox?

Hello
     We refreshed our sandbox from PROD and now we have some before refreshing .workflow files that we need to upload to our refreshed sandbox. Is this possible? Please, let me know how proceed as I am strugling to do so. I am using force.com Eclipse. I tried moving the needed *.worflow files to the src\workflow folder and upload them to the sandbox but it is not happening.

Thanks

Ajay Anikar H RAjay Anikar H R
Hi Jose,

You can also create a change set on production and push to Sandbox for deploying of these workflows. Do you want to give a try.
Also sure that we pushed workflows using ant migration which is pretty much similar to IDE - will dig more on this.
Vasani ParthVasani Parth
++ . Why not use change sets on prodcution and move to sandbox for deployment.

Sales force Deployment Tool Change Set:

Given below are the advantage and limitation of the Change set tools which are used in code and configuration changes deployment from Sandbox to Production.

Advantage:
  1. The change set remains active in organization for a period of time allowing for an audit of changes (beyond the setup audit trail). This functionality is in Sales force setup.
  2. Change set can be include almost anything for example classes, pages, reports, objects, page layouts, record types, email templates etc.
  3. Easy to deploy sandbox to production.
  4. Authorize deployment connection.
  5. Create outbound change set in sandbox environment.
  6. Upload from Sandbox environment.
  7. Review inbound change and deploy in production.
  8. Faster as compare to all other tool like Eclipse IDE.
Disadvantage:
  1. Lookup filter, labels, new picklist values, custom setting & labels are not available for deployments.
  2. When creating new profiles first have to create a new profile (created in prod) and than add it to change set and avoid issues on profile based field dependency and page layout assignments.
  3. Time based workflow trigger actions cannot be migrated.
  4. When migrating workflows, you need to manually select the workflow rule and its actions separately.
  5. No option of refreshing the change sets tool.
  6. Not all metadata is supported in the metadata API which means some manual changes may need to be made in the production org.
  7. To enable the distributed administrator to the upload a change set, you need to give them full rights in that sandbox, including the ability to manage users or modify all data.
Ajay Anikar H RAjay Anikar H R
My Bad, Thanks Vasani for the confirmation....but sure via ant migration its possible...