function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nitin daiyanitin daiya 

Custom Object insert form Submit event customization.

Hello there!!

I have a custom object named "CustomObject" I have created its fields and relationships and set its layout. I want to call REST webservice before inserting the object depending on the webservice response so can I override the default submit mechanism ???
sharathchandra thukkanisharathchandra thukkani
If you need to override the default save button functionality you need to override the new button with visual force page where you need to keep your code of rest service check the response in the controller extension and insert it accordingly.
nitin daiyanitin daiya
as I am newbie to salesforce can you please guide me about that ; I know how to create visual force page but how to override the submit button action ?
nitin daiyanitin daiya
Thank you @sharathchandra for you instant response I really appreciate it. I will follow this link.
nitin daiyanitin daiya
I have created visual force page but when i went to the option where we need to select visual force page. My none of the visual force page appears there in the dropdrown .
You need to use standard controller attribute in you apex:page tag. Take time please go through each and every step in the doc
nitin daiyanitin daiya
Actually i am working on custom object so there is no standard controller defined or I have to look for it.
all the standard and custom object will have the standard controller. Standaed controller is a in build system class which will be created automatically when you create the object.

standard object/custom object standard controller will be the API name of the object. You should go through the visual force developer guide to get more information.
nitin daiyanitin daiya
@sharathchandra I did exactly the same but still I am unable to get any visual force page option in dropdown.