function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Admin_SF_TPAdmin_SF_TP 

SOQL - filtering whole subquery to be not null

Hello,

I'm trying to filter a SOQL subquery (in the SELECT section) to be not null, but I hadn't had any luck so far.
The query:
SELECT (SELECT AccountId, ActivityDate, CreatedDate, CreatedById FROM OpenActivities WHERE ActivityDate = LAST_N_WEEKS:8 Order by ActivityDate desc) FROM Account

The query is showing some OpenActivies results, but far more null results that I don't need

Any ideas ?

Results

Best Answer chosen by Admin_SF_TP
Head In CloudHead In Cloud
You can use a workaround for this like this:
list<account> newlist = new list<Account>();
For(Account acc : [SELECT (SELECT AccountId, ActivityDate, CreatedDate, CreatedById FROM OpenActivities WHERE ActivityDate = LAST_N_WEEKS:8 Order by ActivityDate desc) FROM Account]){
  if(acc.OpenActivities.size() >0){
      newlist.add(acc);
  }
}

In the newlist, you will get the desired results.

Please mark as solved if it helps. Thanks

All Answers

Hi, you can try querying on the child object here like this:
SELECT AccountId, Account.name, ActivityDate, CreatedDate, CreatedById FROM OpenActivities WHERE ActivityDate = LAST_N_WEEKS:8 Order by ActivityDate desc

This will solve your problem.
Admin_SF_TPAdmin_SF_TP
Thank you for the answer!

When I started, I tried to execute the query not as a subquery, but the Force.com Explorer gave me an error, that the sObject type 'OpenActivities' is not supported. That's why I nested it as a subquery.
You can use a workaround for this like this:
list<account> newlist = new list<Account>();
For(Account acc : [SELECT (SELECT AccountId, ActivityDate, CreatedDate, CreatedById FROM OpenActivities WHERE ActivityDate = LAST_N_WEEKS:8 Order by ActivityDate desc) FROM Account]){
  if(acc.OpenActivities.size() >0){
      newlist.add(acc);
  }
}

In the newlist, you will get the desired results.

Please mark as solved if it helps. Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
Admin_SF_TPAdmin_SF_TP

Yeah, that's kind the solution that I'm using right now. I was just wondering, if there was a way to filter out the Accounts, which doesn't have Open Activities, on SOQL-Level.

Getting the whole list and filter it in Java isn't the problem, but if there isn't a way doing it just with SOQL, I'll mark the workaround as solution.