function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mony Gueorguiev 11Mony Gueorguiev 11 

Pardot Source Campaign Formula Transferring To Salesforce - How it works?

Hey Guys,

So I'm a new Salesforce Admin for the company. The previous one left some things I dont quite understand. Like the formula for automatically selecting the Lead Source for Leads coming from Pardot. 

From our Pardot Secondary Lead Source field, we have our normal Seconday Lead Source field populate, for reporting purposes. So if the Pardot Seconday Lead Source field is Chat then our, normal, Secondary Lead Source field will be Chat. That I understand. 

What I dont understand is the connection between Pardot and SF and how that Pardot field is being calculated/determined. The formula in that field is as follows:

IF( CONTAINS(pi__campaign__c, "Google"), "Google", 
IF( CONTAINS(pi__campaign__c, "eBOOKS"), "eBook", 
IF( CONTAINS(pi__campaign__c, "LINKEDIN"), "LinkedIn", 
IF( CONTAINS(pi__campaign__c, "WHITE PAPERS"), "White Papers", 
IF( CONTAINS(pi__campaign__c, "EVENTS"), "Events", 
IF( CONTAINS(pi__campaign__c, "DEMO/PODCAST"), "Demo/ Podcast", 
IF( CONTAINS(pi__campaign__c, "CONTACT US"), "Contact Us", 
IF( CONTAINS(pi__campaign__c, "SN- Service Notifications Completed Form"), "Customer", 
"Digital Campaigns"))))))))

And the edit I want to make is to add "Website Chat" as a source. Right now for some reason our chat (using Olark) is connected to Pardot and from there gets pushed to SF, but it comes in under Digital Campaigns. We want a chat lead coming in with the Pardot Secondary Lead Source and our normal Secondary Lead Source Field to say/be labaled as Website Chat.

I'd really appreciate any help! Sorry if posted in the wrong section!