function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NevDevNevDev 

The following errors were encountered while processing an incoming email:

Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup email to case on an org but I keep running into this issue, it's driving me insane as I had this set up already using the exact same email address and it worked fine. Can anyone help me figure out what the below error message means? I have no idea what picklist is causing this to happen all of a sudden. 

INVALID_OR_NULL_FOR_RESTRICTED_PICKLIST : bad value for restricted picklist field: No
Best Answer chosen by NevDev
pconpcon
Have you recently updated any of your picklists to be a restricted picklist*?  I would start by going through all the picklists on your case and seeing if any of them are set to that.  Are you kicking off any triggers that only occur if the origin of your case is from email?  It could be that one of the triggers there are setting this restricted picklist.

* An example of a restricted picklist
User-added image

All Answers

pconpcon
Have you recently updated any of your picklists to be a restricted picklist*?  I would start by going through all the picklists on your case and seeing if any of them are set to that.  Are you kicking off any triggers that only occur if the origin of your case is from email?  It could be that one of the triggers there are setting this restricted picklist.

* An example of a restricted picklist
User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
NevDevNevDev
Hi pcon,

Thanks for you response to this. Leave me check this and get back to you.
NevDevNevDev
Hi pcon,

I looked through the picklist values and all of them had this checkbox checked. I don't know what this occured as I did not configure them like that. When I send an email I now receive the following message:

FIELD_FILTER_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION : Value does not exist or does not match filter criteria.
NevDevNevDev
Thank you for your help on this pcon. It seems that if you have a lookup filter created email-to-case will not work which is a bit frustrating. 
Anyway..thanks again.