function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Claire JonesClaire Jones 

Problems configuring single sign on with ADFS in a Sandbox

I need to reconfigure my Single Sign On settings because our company is being split into two, and we will no longer have access to the current ADFS server.

I am a Salesforce adminstrator and know nothing about Single Sign On settings; the new ADFS server is being set up by an IT engineer who knows nothing about Salesforce (and, it appears, not a huge amount about ADFS!). The IT person who set up our current ADFS server has moved on, but sent a link to a Developer Forum article on SSO configuration with ADFS - we have followed this, and a very good Youtube video as much as we can.

Although we have copied the old settings, both in Salesforce and on the ADFS server, we cannot get Single Sign On to work in our testing Sandbox.  Salesforce does not even seem to register that we have tried to log in using SSO (yes, i have edited My Domain page to allow ADFS login). The browser message received is a blank screen saying 'This page can't be displayed' with the URL the same as that we have provided on the SSO page for the Identity Provider Login URL.

1) Are there any known issues / qwerks about configuring SSO in a sandbox?
2) Do i need a new 'Request Signing Certificate' in my sandbox as we are currently using one duplicated from Production which contains the Production org ID number rather than the Sandbox org ID
3) Or do you think the problem lies in our setup of ADFS, in which case can you provide a suggestion what we might have missed?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Can you share a screenshot of the SSO configuration page?
Claire JonesClaire Jones
These are the new settings we've set up:

User-added image
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Looks correct to me, perhaps can you try by changing the HTTP POST to HTTP Redirect?
Er. Prashant Veer SinghEr. Prashant Veer Singh
In SSO, always check Federal Ids for users, ACS URL, Entity URL, check Identity Provider Login URL by hitting, Check SAML response if you are getting correct.